·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That guys' car is in desperate need of a drop!!! :eek:

I dont have an SS so I wont say if it looks good or bad.

i will say this though..

It reminds me of Batman.

I say you just paint the housing, it would look much better IMHO.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KSE said:
That guys' car is in desperate need of a drop!!! :eek:

I dont have an SS so I wont say if it looks good or bad.

i will say this though..

It reminds me of Batman.

I say you just paint the housing, it would look much better IMHO.
Go buy a Cobalt, LS, SS or what ever... :eek: Put the money down and start fixing her up, then talk smack about someone elses ride, IMHO ;) . Which version of Batman are you refering to, because I am old enough to remember going to the theater to see the original, and I don't see the connection :confused:

All in fun, just giving you a hard time... :D
But I did order them and I will be putting them on "MY" car :cool:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
LOL.. holy shit. That HUGE gap between sentences ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

I was about to say! LOL... I wish there were more people like you. Someone who doesn't give a rats ass what some punk on the internet thinks about his car. He's just sharing his experiences and preferences.

You're OK in my book. :)

ps.: I still don't like'em, but who cares what I think, right! :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotchya! :D
But, Yep.... Your right :p !

If you look at the link to CobaltSS.net, he actually painted his headlights also, which looks pretty damn good. The good thing about the covers, is they can always be removed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
my car

your absolutly right, my car does need a drop, thats why the pro kit springs were the first thing I ordered and have been killing me everyday since may 15th when I look and see they still havent shipped.

I've been a member here for quite some time, just do all my posting over at .net.
jonel runs a good forum.

My cardomain.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2070456
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - John's Chevrolet

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crap!!! LOL.. you young ones got to tell us older farts about this kind of stuff :D I guess I will forget about buying stickers that give me 5 hp each because you guys will say will I only get 1 hp each :D :rolleyes: :p
Seriously though, I am going to see how they look, and I am also looking at buying another set of headlights to black out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
only bad thing about the covers is they just glue onto the headlights with 3M tape and velcro. the set i had for my cavalier actually had clips that go onto the headlight so when you close the hood it clamps down so people cant walk by and rip them off. I was very disapointed when i got my headlight covers in the mail :(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CobaltDude81 said:
only bad thing about the covers is they just glue onto the headlights with 3M tape and velcro. the set i had for my cavalier actually had clips that go onto the headlight so when you close the hood it clamps down so people cant walk by and rip them off. I was very disapointed when i got my headlight covers in the mail :(
So you are running these on your Cobalt? If you are, can you post pictures of how yours look, I just got mine in the mail today. I also just won the bid on a set of head lights off of ebay :D .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lonewholf said:
So you are running these on your Cobalt? If you are, can you post pictures of how yours look, I just got mine in the mail today. I also just won the bid on a set of head lights off of ebay :D .

those things are pretty crappy looking, but hey it's a free country... you need to spend your time on the headlights you just bought, they will look so much better than those ugly taped on ricer black out devices

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
selfinfliction said:
those things are pretty crappy looking, but hey it's a free country... you need to spend your time on the headlights you just bought, they will look so much better than those ugly taped on ricer black out devices
Thanks for your honest opinion, and the way I should spend MY time :D .
I just figured they were kind of like the eyelids sold for the SRT-4(well with a little modification), which look good to me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Headlight Covers Installed

Ok everyone, I finally got off my A$$ and did some work on my car today.
The headlight covers came in earlier this week, and I test fitted them today.
I was debating about cutting them up a little because something just didn't look right. Well, after a few beers, I relized they were translucent, and kind of looked(like Selfinflection stated) a little Ricey :( .
To the work shop to paint them I went... The pictures say the rest :p
Honestly I like them(and I guess that is all that counts), and the way it looks,they match the paint perfectly, and the pictures do not do it justice.

And for the rest of the things I did to it today, go to this thread; http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1503 Thanks for looking ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts