Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i just signed up for this forum and im looking for some help. i have a 2009 Cobalt SS 2.0 LNF Turbo, its completely stock, and im looking to get it at around 400WHP but i want to do this in the cheapest way possible. does any one have any ideas they can help me with? thanks. :)

·
1,087 Posts
What is your 'low cost budget'??

Because here is a list of mods that you can do:

Intake: ~$200
Stainless steel Downpipe:~$220
Catback:~400 (custom), ~800 (manufacture bolt-on kit)
Injectors: ~$350
BOV: ~$30
Intercooler: ~$800
Tune: ~400 (piggy back ecu), ~600 (set tune from shop)

Total: ~$2400

I don't know what numbers you should be putting down because I am LSJ and don't really read into the LNFs, but it will be well over 300hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont really have a price range, i just want to find the ways of spending the least amount of money bc i have a lot of bills to pay. ive been doing research myself and i was looking into intake, DP, charge piping, exhaust, and then either trifecta or HP tune. but youd say injectors? and what BOV have you found for $30? lol

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
well its going to be kina hard to get over 400hp with just bolt on and tune. most ppl are around 315-320whp with all that. best way to do that is just a turbo kit. but there about 4k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks skoal boy. do you have any opinions on the ZZ performance turbo kit for the LNF? i was looking into that, but i notice it says it comes with a k&n air filter, it doesnt say intake, so is it still the stock piping for the air intake? and how would you rate that kit overall?

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
RedSStreak- well i have seen some go upto 27-29psi on the stock turbo, which isnt good for it cause it can make it over spool. but most tunes are set at 20-23psi.

slobalt ss. i really cant say anything about the zzp kit. I dont know anyone that has it or used it. if you look back at the stage one kit it said Aluminum turbo intake tubing with black powder-coat finish which would be the intake, and it come with a k&n filter. but if you want everything, all bolt on wiht this kit you need to get the stage 3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
its amazing u cant get more power with what u guys have. i wouldnt no how to race any car with that little of power and spend that much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts