Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new to threads and from my searching around, i have yet to see any pics of cobalts with neon lighting inside or out, but i know they have to exist,so if u got em post em please,, am courius to see what it looks like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Well I have it on mine. It looks great. I can't seem to get a good picture of it however. Neon does not light up in the day. Neon is only as bright as the ground that can reflect it. When the light is on the ground there is virtually no reflective properties. I will try again shortly to get pictures. There has to be a good way to do this. BTW I get compliments everywhere I go so I would say go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
CJ Thunder said:
Not that funny, lots of people take out their rears and front so they can drag.
Yeah i know they do my freind took him rear seats out. It was just funny to me sorry i thoght it was so funny becasue he does drag race.... o never mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Well the a/c has to go anyway for the stage 2 air to water intercooler, so yes on that, umm, guess I'm just not into neons, everyone for themselves i guess though..."beauty is in the eye of the...WTF!?! look at the size of that wing!" as quoted at winter cruise tour 2006 by this hilarious random guy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
My neon tubes weigh a total of 4.6 lbs. I think you may lose .00000000000001 off your ETA. So I guess yeah it will ruin you r 1/4 time lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
1stBluSS said:
My neon tubes weigh a total of 4.6 lbs. I think you may lose .00000000000001 off your ETA. So I guess yeah it will ruin you r 1/4 time lol.

One of these days im going to come find you and take pictures of your car so we can see what it looks like!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
I've seen a yellow SS w/ blue neons on CobaltSS.net I think. Not sure but it looks pretty nice. I was going to get red neons on my Balt but only on the sides and maybe on the back. It's still legal as long as no red is visible to the front. I might just get the front with a separate toggle switch. But I have a feeling that a cop who hates ricers and thinks I am one will still pull me over thinking I don't know any better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Thanks, actually its not "my" map, but it IS the map with the most recorded cobalts on it, however many still do not know it exists, others I guess don't want to be bothered :p which is fine.
I advertise it because i'm alone here in daytona, but have seen a non SS dressed up like one sporting around now and again with some real "winners" inside, although that's me judging by appearance again.

My cobalt is blue, so im going to try a kit designed for the cobalt, LED kit I'm looking around $200-$250. Hopefully it turns out nice because everything that doesn't just ends up in the garage :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
05YELLOWSS said:
Well the a/c has to go anyway for the stage 2 air to water intercooler, so yes on that, umm, guess I'm just not into neons, everyone for themselves i guess though..."beauty is in the eye of the...WTF!?! look at the size of that wing!" as quoted at winter cruise tour 2006 by this hilarious random guy...
i thought our wings were huge until i drove my friends STi. that thing is HUGE!!!! its just a huge rectangle. anyways this took a long time to find, enjoy. this kid has mutli-color LED neons. i personally think it does make it seem kinda ricey but thats just my opinoin. :D :D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2063763
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
1stBluSS said:
Well I have it on mine. It looks great. I can't seem to get a good picture of it however. Neon does not light up in the day. Neon is only as bright as the ground that can reflect it. When the light is on the ground there is virtually no reflective properties. I will try again shortly to get pictures. There has to be a good way to do this. BTW I get compliments everywhere I go so I would say go for it.
What color neons do you have. I have blue streetglows and I installed them so you cant see the bulbs but when I turn them on it reflects enough to light up the bottoms of my mirrors. I dont know for sure if the rocker panels on the cobalt is different then the ion. Even on black top mine reflect a lot.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Yes dry black top it will reflect really well. Any wet surface and you will see more bulb than glow. And daytime surfaces are no glow. This all has to do with light refraction and it's properties. I have blue street glow neon tubes. You cannot see any of them. Just the glow. It isnt called tube glow. It is called street glow so if you can see tubes in any of your cars it is a shitty install. Also where my mouth is it is illumnated blue it looks great. It looks just like your picture basically. I will get some really good pictures.........someday
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top