Cobalts SS banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
the GTO crowd tends to be clueless as to what a big turbo SRT can do. Many of them think they can't be beat.
lol ... i'm not like that really . cause i know any car can be fast but what cracks me up are people that assume because they have a certain car then they are fast .( mustangs . srt's , vettes , bmw's , gto's ...) however i know mines not that fast compared to some but compared to most i rape'em . lol

Good for you.... there are the street racers that challenge unexperienced drivers (1), and there are those that challenge on the track (2), then there are those that are proffessional racers that compete in REAL competition....

I call BS that you're 'that fast'. Now don't get me wrong, both SRT-4 and CSS/TC can be equally fast with a good driver, but, to tell you the hard facts, the CSS/TC has a slight edge over the red skittle that you have.

I believe that someone recently posted about the SRT-4, and I am trying to quote as best I can, "I just don't think that a car that bubbly would be that 'fast'". And I completely agree....

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is a whole lot of sh** talking coming from your part on the INTERNET, when you can go to the track, pull some slips, and then brag about your times. Just because your car is capable of running high 11s, doesn't mean that you are going to achieve that. :)

And you are WAYYYY to cocky.... I would love to see that blank expression on your face when you lose :D
Unless your willing to bolt on a 20G or a GT35R turbo like Hahn offers, a Cobalt SS/TC is going to get it's doors blown off by a skittle sporting a 50 trim and a decent tune. I do agree there is a big difference between a guy with a fast car and a guy that can get the most out of his fast car. Time slips are more a testament to the driver than the car. I've seen plenty of 11 second cars run 13.5s@ 120ish. A car that can hit 120+ is usally a monster on the street where everything is a roll race. There is hope for the cobalt guys. Hahns just got to get those bigger turbos in your hands.

http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVehicles/New_Folder/Cobalt/CobaltSS-TC%20Turbos.htm

Hahn should be comming out with the turbos this summer (sometime?) Atleast thats what i was told by Hahns.

And to Freaky and all srt-4 lovers:

I hope your car can smoke me. Your cars how old? How many years have aftermarket vendors been making parts for that car? I have had my car for 5 months now and have every bolt on for it. I can only make it as fast as the parts comming out. But when you think about it dodge messed up. They have a SRT 4 that will beat all there SRT 8. I when heads up to a new dodge challanger last week and just smoked him by atleast 5 cars. And he had a 6.1 hemi with 425 hp and i have a coblat ss with 330hp. Just wanted to add that.

All iam saying is just wait til the parts come out for the cobalts. the neons will be watching our tail lights.
Even stock for stock the cobalt will win.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Hahn should be comming out with the turbos this summer (sometime?) Atleast thats what i was told by Hahns.

I hope your car can smoke me. Your cars how old? How many years have aftermarket vendors been making parts for that car? I have had my car for 5 months now and have every bolt on for it. I can only make it as fast as the parts comming out. But when you think about it dodge messed up. They have a SRT 4 that will beat all there SRT 8. I when heads up to a new dodge challanger last week and just smoked him by atleast 5 cars. And he had a 6.1 hemi with 425 hp and i have a coblat ss with 330hp. Just wanted to add that.

All iam saying is just wait til the parts come out for the cobalts. the neons will be watching our tail lights.
you should share that ( what your smoking ) j/k . my stock turbo was a NAsty little thing also but wait till your up around the 400 whp mark an see the difference . so how far away from me do you live ?

Hmmm whos trying to sound cocky now???:rolleyes:I was just pointing out the obivious when I stated a 50 trim will kill a stocker. Just common car knowledge. I was actually trying to take up for the Cobalts but I really don't know where you guys get this stock vs. stock you'll win nonsense. Everything I've ever read about the cobalt has it with the exact same E/Ts and trap speeds as the the Neons. I can post links from car & driver, motor trend, road & track etc. The Cobalt has the advantage in the twisties. But at a red light your going to have to be a better drag racer than me because your car isn't any faster. sorry.

Iam not trying to sound cocky. Dont take that the wrong way. But your right. Iam sure if i had 400+ hp i will see the differents. And the neons and coblats have the same times. But all iam saying stock for stock the cobalt is faster or theres alot of sucky srt drivers here. It doesnt matter what i do to my car. There will always be one faster. And iam not saying that any cobalt or all cobalts will beat the neon. iam just saying that once the cars have been out for a few years like the neon there just going to keep getting fast. Iam not the best driver by far and iam not even saying that iam good but i am saying that i can beat most the srt around here. Iam sure if i got NOS and meth/water and a bigger turbo i will be spanking 85% of the cars here.

Freaky: Iam from C-ville and i think were less then an hour apart.

^^^^Oh you butt freaky son-of-a-neon....

If you can pay for my mileage and gas to go all the way from San Fran. to wherever the hell you are at, then yes. I would race you. But, by the way, are there any type of twisties around your area?? If so, I want to see your '400'HP skittle chase my CSS/SC as best you can with no success.... It would satisfy my little heart that i have for INTERNET-GANGSTAS like you :)

If you really want to claim yourself a REAL driver, by driving in those type of conditions, you will see your stand point in how experienced you REALLY are. If you want to drag, then count me out. I won't beat you if you're running your claimed '11s' with my DD running 12.9's on slicks.

But that type of attitude expressed is making you feel real tough right??

This thread is very pointless and stupid. Where is the Administrator to delete/ban morons like you??

/Thread

Discussion starter · #49 · (Edited)
^^^^Oh you butt freaky son-of-a-neon....

If you can pay for my mileage and gas to go all the way from San Fran. to wherever the hell you are at, then yes. I would race you. But, by the way, are there any type of twisties around your area?? If so, I want to see your '400'HP skittle chase my CSS/SC as best you can with no success.... It would satisfy my little heart that i have for INTERNET-GANGSTAS like you :)

If you really want to claim yourself a REAL driver, by driving in those type of conditions, you will see your stand point in how experienced you REALLY are. If you want to drag, then count me out. I won't beat you if you're running your claimed '11s' with my DD running 12.9's on slicks.

But that type of attitude expressed is making you feel real tough right??

This thread is very pointless and stupid. Where is the Administrator to delete/ban morons like you??

/Thread
you seem to be the e-thug not me ... as far as the twisties theres plenty believe me .( i live in the shenandoah vally between to very large mountains)
if i was gonna spend the money to travel i would come your way cause theres a shit load of them cali boys asses i'd like to spank . that whole drastic crew is the reason i got booted off the srt4 forums . as far as i'm concerned cali's FTMFL !
ps. my car is also set up for the twisties . lmfao

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Freaky: Iam from C-ville and i think were less then an hour apart.[/QUOTE]

i'll tell what i'll do for you , sometime in july i'll make a trip to centerville an show you what my pos can do . or i can let you know when i'm going to mason dixon drag way in hegarstown md if you want to run at a track . we can run for money or shits an giggles if you don't wanna bet on it . balls in your court "mr. i beat all srt4"s in my area " .

lookin at your sig^^^what's a Hot sided pipe?

i'll tell what i'll do for you , sometime in july i'll make a trip to centerville an show you what my pos can do . or i can let you know when i'm going to mason dixon drag way in hegarstown md if you want to run at a track . we can run for money or shits an giggles if you don't wanna bet on it . balls in your court "mr. i beat all srt4"s in my area " .[/QUOTE]

I never said i would beat all of them. I said most of them. Theres is one neon here that i know will smoke my butt, and he had over 40K into it.

lookin at your sig^^^what's a Hot sided pipe?
This is a hard pipe that replaces the factory piping. Hot sided means it is post the turbo and pre the intercooler. It connects post the down pipe.
The factory piping is rather small and restrictive, though my piping in this area remains stock in my 637hp SRT-4.

I never said i would beat all of them. I said most of them. Theres is one neon here that i know will smoke my butt, and he had over 40K into it.
40k? Yikes...

I don't think I even have 10k in my SRT, and when it hit 637hp some years back it was #1 in the Country for a short period of time.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
i'll tell what i'll do for you , sometime in july i'll make a trip to centerville an show you what my pos can do . or i can let you know when i'm going to mason dixon drag way in hegarstown md if you want to run at a track . we can run for money or shits an giggles if you don't wanna bet on it . balls in your court "mr. i beat all srt4"s in my area " .

I never said i would beat all of them. I said most of them. Theres is one neon here that i know will smoke my butt, and he had over 40K into it.[/QUOTE]

so is that a yes or no for us to make a plan to run ? if you want i can round up the rest of the srt4 crew in winchester an come down if you want to start with the slowest first an work your way to me . i'm the second fastest srt4 in winchester ... the first is a dcr tuned one ..... your ball

Iam not trying to sound cocky. Dont take that the wrong way. But your right. Iam sure if i had 400+ hp i will see the differents. And the neons and coblats have the same times. But all iam saying stock for stock the cobalt is faster or theres alot of sucky srt drivers here. It doesnt matter what i do to my car. There will always be one faster. And iam not saying that any cobalt or all cobalts will beat the neon. iam just saying that once the cars have been out for a few years like the neon there just going to keep getting fast. Iam not the best driver by far and iam not even saying that iam good but i am saying that i can beat most the srt around here. Iam sure if i got NOS and meth/water and a bigger turbo i will be spanking 85% of the cars here.

Fair enough. I really hope GM continues to sell the Cobalt SS. Amazing car for the money. Obviously I'm someone that can appreciate a bargain basment car that can run with more expensive compitation like Mustangs, 350z Etc.

ps. my car is also set up for the twisties . lmfao
What are your suspension mods?

40k? Yikes...

I don't think I even have 10k in my SRT, and when it hit 637hp some years back it was #1 in the Country for a short period of time.
#1 in dyno numbers or track times? Just curious but what is the best time you've run in your SRT-4. I have a web sight that will correct for your nose bleed D/A. Would be interesting to see what your car would run at Atco. Fast track at see level.

#1 in dyno numbers or track times? Just curious but what is the best time you've run in your SRT-4. I have a web sight that will correct for your nose bleed D/A. Would be interesting to see what your car would run at Atco. Fast track at see level.
it was #1 on the dyno, the highest privately owned hp srt, for a short period, it was first to surpass 600hp, now many have beaten it. This came at a time before DCR offered a stroker, option B or any engine package, though many DCR parts are in my engine..

wow 600+ hp thats crazy out of a 4 bangger. But its all good.

and Freaky: Who cars if you can beat me in a race. If your that worryed about it drive down here and race me. Iam not saying i can beat you.
AND

1. You have more time driving your car.
2. They have been out alot longer.
3. There are more parts out for it.
4. There having problems comming out with really good tunes because of the 08 09 ecu's.

Wait 4 years til there are as many parts out for the coblats as there are for the neons.

No where in my post have i said there crap cars. I understand that they can build alot of hp.
If you want to bring all your neons down here, lets go.

Discussion starter · #60 · (Edited)
wow 600+ hp thats crazy out of a 4 bangger. But its all good.

and Freaky: Who cars if you can beat me in a race.
1. You have more time driving your car.
2. They have been out alot longer.
3. There are more parts out for it.
4. Why are you even in this fourm if you have a neon.
LAST TIME I LOOKED IT WAS CALLED COBALTSS.COM NOT NEON.COM
an thats what slow people say when they don't wanna get there asses handed to them . (enough said from you !)
PS : slowbalts ftl ...
PSS:i came in here to find the one that acted like he wanted to race , but i see you an him have alot in common , it's easy to rev an hide , like talk shit an then make up excuses ...you cobalt boi's

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.