Cobalts SS banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 · (Edited)
lol sorry i edited it. Bring your car or wait til i get time to come up there. We can run all day. Iam sorry, you want a cookie for being faster then me?
maybe ... i like chocolate chip ! bring a whole pack for the beatings your gonna get . j/k
ps: sorry i didn't realize you were that butt hurt about being slow . lmfao

it was #1 on the dyno, the highest privately owned hp srt, for a short period, it was first to surpass 600hp, now many have beaten it. This came at a time before DCR offered a stroker, option B or any engine package, though many DCR parts are in my engine..
Cool. Whats the best time the car has run. I plan to spray a 50 shot this fall and shoot for high 10s low 11s. I dont want to go past what the stock block can handle right now and I really dont want to pay for a DC stroker engine and enough transmission to handle the extra power. I'm really hoping the car will trap in the high 120s on the spray. So far the best trap has been 120.6 with the boost turned way up.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Cool. Whats the best time the car has run. I plan to spray a 50 shot this fall and shoot for high 10s low 11s. I dont want to go past what the stock block can handle right now and I really dont want to pay for a DC stroker engine and enough transmission to handle the extra power. I'm really hoping the car will trap in the high 120s on the spray. So far the best trap has been 120.6 with the boost turned way up.
i was thinking about a 35 shot next on my mod list but like you i'm stock block an i don't have the money this year for a build but a 35 shot on a window switch would spool the 50 trim like a stage 3 i think .

Probably would help fill in the dead spots. Where does your turbo hit full boost? around 3500RPM? Awesome thing about a little spray with a boosted car is we'll get more than the advertised HP rating because of the nitrous cooling effect. I've been told a 50 shot on my car would dyno near 75 more HP.

the Car ET'd at 11.80 in 2004, which at that time became the 3rd SRT in the Country to run a 11.... It did so with 471hp... We did more mods and dynoed 492hp went out to the track and didn't get to run because the gasket for the wastegate blew, huge leak. Fixed that and went out again, staged:

Great launch and rolling, seeking a mid 11 and a 127mph trap...

and in 3rd the oil filter blew off (we learned the hardway to always check/tighten it, sorta a bi-weekly pm so to speak) oiled down the backend of the track and spun a rod.

We then had a forged b***om end built becoming one of the 1st in the SRT world to do, at this time Darrel Cox didn't have packages available nor did any of the vendors such as Nemo Foss. My local shop used Weisco and Eagle rods, balanced everything, AGP Turbo sent us the 35R with a new unique at that time manifold which based on our success is now standard in their kits, and AGP also sent us a fully ported/polished big valve race head. Many parts went into this project at a considerable exspense. Car then hits the dyno, pump gas and 17 psi we see a nice 417hp... threw in some C16 and woke up the GT35R with 28psi and we saw 595hp, went to the top of the wastegate and ran all the boost a 35R could possibly make, and the car wouldn't stay on the dyno, we were overpowering the front wheels on the drums of the dyno, slippin away, the SRT spit this out in Feb. 2006:

we also lightened the car to make more use of the power, went with a lightened flywheel and a conventional clutch design, ported the intake and a bigger thr***le body, the car might just make more HP then 637 right now, but the car retired from the strip as I didn't want to break after shelling out so much money... The car is a 2003 with the Stock tranny and recently hit 17k miles...

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Probably would help fill in the dead spots. Where does your turbo hit full boost? around 3500RPM? Awesome thing about a little spray with a boosted car is we'll get more than the advertised HP rating because of the nitrous cooling effect. I've been told a 50 shot on my car would dyno near 75 more HP.
i'm gonna see what i can do first but the 35 shot is an option . i'm still tuning with the dtec , that hurts me some because of timing . i think i'll get the dsp as a tuning devise then if i'm not happy get a 35 shot . yea i hit full boost around 3400 or so .

^^^^^^^^
nice times an power ...
I can tell you this, my GTO went 11.44@122mph at a DA of 6500ft.
A twin turbo GTO is no slouch, and yet my RED SRT just runs away from
the Goat. I need a forged LS2 and more fuel, and 15psi to try and run with the neon.

BTW, this board is open to all drivers of all makes and models, Yes it is a Cobalt Forum and one
should expect topics focused on the LSJ/LNF Cobalts, Redlines... One should also expect
that other car owners will join and most will primarely post in the kill forum/war stories.

We are open to all, and I know arguing will happen as people will disagree, I just ask that we keep it clean
and avoid getting personal.

This is a hard pipe that replaces the factory piping. Hot sided means it is post the turbo and pre the intercooler. It connects post the down pipe.
The factory piping is rather small and restrictive, though my piping in this area remains stock in my 637hp SRT-4.
Gotcha, Thats what i figured, but wasnt sure if it was something special or if was upgraded from stock or somethin like that.

Thanks

you seem to be the e-thug not me ... as far as the twisties theres plenty believe me .( i live in the shenandoah vally between to very large mountains)
if i was gonna spend the money to travel i would come your way cause theres a shit load of them cali boys asses i'd like to spank . that whole drastic crew is the reason i got booted off the srt4 forums . as far as i'm concerned cali's FTMFL !
ps. my car is also set up for the twisties . lmfao
Woah buddy....

Then if you are really that confident, you can 'spank me'.... If you like **** gestures like that count me out. :)

As much as you think that it is set up for the twisties, I would like to show you how wrong you will be when I leave rock impacts on your windshield. Don't hate on the CALI boys....

If you really want to lose, come out here and see the downfall of your hot-headedness and drive your skittle home with a big loss. You're so full of bulls*** and its getting anoying. The guy with the 'black cobalt' you called out isn't even responding! Now you're calling out someone that is far away from you.... And that can smoke your skittle on the twisties with ease....

Don't forget, the Cobalt SS was and IS STILL the fastest FWD car on the Nuerembourg, Germany by 2 seconds to the closest competitor: the VW GTI! Your skittle is almost 10-15 seconds slower. So I want to ask, how you think that you are going to establish victory when my car is ALSO set up for the twisties, autocross, and autobahn?? Good luck answering THAT question.... :D

Discussion starter · #73 · (Edited)
Woah buddy....

Then if you are really that confident, you can 'spank me'.... If you like **** gestures like that count me out. :)

As much as you think that it is set up for the twisties, I would like to show you how wrong you will be when I leave rock impacts on your windshield. Don't hate on the CALI boys....

If you really want to lose, come out here and see the downfall of your hot-headedness and drive your skittle home with a big loss. You're so full of bulls*** and its getting anoying. The guy with the 'black cobalt' you called out isn't even responding! Now you're calling out someone that is far away from you.... And that can smoke your skittle on the twisties with ease....

Don't forget, the Cobalt SS was and IS STILL the fastest FWD car on the Nuerembourg, Germany by 2 seconds to the closest competitor: the VW GTI! Your skittle is almost 10-15 seconds slower. So I want to ask, how you think that you are going to establish victory when my car is ALSO set up for the twisties, autocross, and autobahn?? Good luck answering THAT question.... :D
show me a link on the fastest fwd cars on the Nuerembourg, Germany .
you know theres an easy fix if i'm annoying you ... stfo of my thread . your just a typical cali BOY !

And read the 2005 comparison from Motor Trend. I don't remember what track they took them at but they went through slolums and figure 8s. COBALT CAME ON TOP. The Cobalt has a better weight distribution than the SRT-4 which is the advantage. But the Dodge has 300lbs less to carry. You decide and determine what you think. All the facts are there tested by professionals.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0505_compact_sport_coupe_comparison/index.html

And read the 2005 comparison from Motor Trend. I don't remember what track they took them at but they went through slolums and figure 8s. COBALT CAME ON TOP. The Cobalt has a better weight distribution than the SRT-4 which is the advantage. But the Dodge has 300lbs less to carry. You decide and determine what you think. All the facts are there tested by professionals.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0505_compact_sport_coupe_comparison/index.html
I was very impressed with this years lightning lap in Car & Driver. The Cobalt put it to alot of expensive & all wheel drive cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/the_lightning_lap_2008_feature+page-2.html

Discussion starter · #80 ·
I was very impressed with this years lightning lap in Car & Driver. The Cobalt put it to alot of expensive & all wheel drive cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/the_lightning_lap_2008_feature+page-2.html

i read the car an driver link , i'm impressed . unlike alot of people i like all cars thats why i'm on here . however this thread was started trying to find someone who reved up on me like he wanted to race . some how it went in many different directions which is cool . i personaly like racing from about 40- 140 however i will race from a dig . i done my suspension mods jus for myself an pure shits an giggles when i'm bored . i like to go out an run the shit out of it on windy back roads . i did like the stock turbo for that more than the 50 trim with a 63 a/r .

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.