Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That piece around the moonroof button fell off on my car. The first time the dealer fixed it because it happened during detailing. But the other day it did it again and it took me awhile but I eventually got it back on so that it would stay. While it was off I noticed that the button is really loose once that plastic piece is removed. I have subs in my car so I get the felling that that piece will have a tendency of finding its way to the floor quite a few times.

Is that just how it is supposed to be with the loose button? And also what is a good way to fix the piece that has a tendency of falling off? I don't want to glue it up like I saw someone suggest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if your still under warranty, take it in to the dealer....that was a common problem on cobalts. If your our of warranty, the correct fix would be to go in to the parts department and order a new bezel (cover ring) and just leave the switch itslef alone for now, unless its cheap too. aside from gluing it up, you dont have many options.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yah mine fell off recently too, i thought it might be from the heat (AZ). Took it to the dealer and hasn't fallen off since.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I think mine might've been heat too. It's not nearly as hot here but I looked at the clips that hold the piece on and they were bent in. I heated them up and bent them back slightly. I should've gone with less heat more time though because I ended melting them a little on the backs of the clips. Oops! But it hasn't fallen off since so I'm satisfied for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts