Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 ss with a 60 trim turbo convert with hahn parts.ok so i have a auto meter guage and im not shure if its electrical or mechanical. my brother put it in the car. now all the sudden i lost boost. it doesnt read boost but reads vac. the gauge goes from 30-0 vac and 0-20 boost. now when i start the car it stays around 25 vac. when at times when i get on it it wont lesson 5vac. i hear the turbo. annd the blow off valve shoots off. all the piping to and from the intercooler to the turbo are tight. i double checked those. is it the guage or did i really loose boost? i had it 18psi. i just dont get it. i dont see any other lines to check. plz respond asap. i have to get this problem fixed before i can tune it this weeekend.

·
1,087 Posts
Did it lose any power that you notice at all??

I mean because it all sounds normal. Your turbo at idle should be in vacuum. And not fully spool until after 3K rpm at WOT.... But you say you do not boost more than 5 psi. But when is it doing that, low or high rpms and like I asked, does it feel like it lost any power??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it doesnt feel like i lost power. i found the prob this morning. i guess its the map sensor on the intake. one wire was ripped off and as soon as i touched it back together the guage started to work. so i spliced it till i get a whole new harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts