Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
:confused: how long does a stock clutch last? my car feels like it lost its pep! dealer just reflashed my ecm for very rough idle when the a/c was on.
its proba. not your clutch and the life is about as hard to predict as the weather. HIw hard do you drive your car? If you thrash it everyday then it may be that but i would just see if it persist sometime the computer has to remap itself to your driving habits therefore feeling sluggish for awhile.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
my car is more highway driven than city driven. I know one day I overreved and heard the blow off since then car was'nt the same. dealer finds no prob.

Are you talking about an SRT-4 or a Cobalt? The cobalt has a pressure release valve, not a blowoff valve.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you are in a vcobalt and heard a blow off sound then i mpretty sure that cant be good but its also very hard to overrev the cobalt the Srt-4 on the other hand is. It doesnt have limiter it just starts cutting out. In your case you may have some type of boost leak or somethign i would check into that. Such as your springs and so forth assocciated with your canister and wastegate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts