Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my grandpa just bought a lotus elise...this thing flies holy shit...i knew it was light and a 16v I-4 but then i found out mid 13's in the 1/4 mile and 4.9 0-60 and i was like damn good thing he lives in the boonies or the cops may have had to steal my License...i think it might beat my ss lol

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
IrepCLEVO said:
my grandpa just bought a lotus elise...this thing flies holy shit...i knew it was light and a 16v I-4 but then i found out mid 13's in the 1/4 mile and 4.9 0-60 and i was like damn good thing he lives in the boonies or the cops may have had to steal my License...i think it might beat my ss lol
The new Elises are AWESOME. But they would have been a lot better if they kept the k20a in them that they originally started with. During testing they were running high 12s with the k20a. Still a very, very, very bad ass car though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
K20a engine code for acura rsx-s

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KSE said:
I saw one across the street where I work. Some older guy was driving it, it was niiiiiiiice.
yea dude your lucky... i just got back from so cal...sooooo many nice cars i saw 2 lotus's while i was there

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
What did they go with instead of the K20a?
The JDM Toyota 2ZZ-GE, the motor that comes in the JDM Toyota Celica GTS.

mldvenm said:
K20a engine code for acura rsx-s
Correction... The k20a is the engine code for the JDM Honda Integra Type-R (RSX Type-R). K20a2 is RSX Type-S and K20a3 (sort of) is base RSX and Civic SI.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im never even gunna try and argue with wasey...this dude knows his shit lol
but that is all correct
so if you can find a car that does 4.9 0-60 and mid 13 1/4 stock and gets i think around 34 mpg for under 43k id say buy it

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yea, those elise's are amazing cars. I read some where that a guy dropped a turbo'd boxer engine in it. Now that would be a fast car.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i think when you said it "might beat" your ss you should have said "it will wipe the floor with my ss."

·
Registered
74 Posts
any of you guys see that post on some EVO forum about the elise that was hit by a jeep cherokee at 10mph(elise was at a stop)?

$18k+ in damage, from a measly 10mph impact.

as cool as they are, they are not in the slightest bit a safe car for the street, there are so many lifted trucks and big ass SUV's where i live, all it would take is one soccer mom on her cell phone to smear a elise into the asphault

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Antyoo said:
any of you guys see that post on some EVO forum about the elise that was hit by a jeep cherokee at 10mph(elise was at a stop)?

$18k+ in damage, from a measly 10mph impact.

as cool as they are, they are not in the slightest bit a safe car for the street, there are so many lifted trucks and big ass SUV's where i live, all it would take is one soccer mom on her cell phone to smear a elise into the asphault
Actually, they are one of if not the safest cars on the road. Their 180lb.(yes 180lb. carbon fiber) frame/chassis is one of the best,safest, and stiffest(sp? if a word :p ) designed ever. I do know what you mean about the lifted trucks, those would pose a problem.
:eek: :eek:

IrepCLEVO, did your grandpa buy the Elise brand new??? I thought they were being marked up over 43k. Either way, they are still awesome. Also thanks for the props. Finally. :p :)

xerostate said:
Yea, those elise's are amazing cars. I read some where that a guy dropped a turbo'd boxer engine in it. Now that would be a fast car.
They are putting a lot of different motors in them. Ranging from Honda motors(k-series and h-series), V6 Camry/Toyota motors, I think someone stuffed a VQ (350z motor) in it. :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he bought it brand new from lotus of bedford in bedford ohio (www.lotusofbedford.com) his was like 51k but i was pretty sure base was around 43k...he got the sports package which puts 0-60 down to 4.7sec :D
im gunna get a pic of it with my cobalt ss/sc someday

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
IrepCLEVO said:
he bought it brand new from lotus of bedford in bedford ohio (www.lotusofbedford.com) his was like 51k but i was pretty sure base was around 43k...he got the sports package which puts 0-60 down to 4.7sec :D
im gunna get a pic of it with my cobalt ss/sc someday
Yeah base MSRP is 43k, but I don't think any of them have sold for that(might be wrong).
What color did he get?? That is one of the few cars that I would not complain the least bit with which color I got. Every color looks awesome on them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he got it is krypton green...i think it would look ugly on most cars but because of its exotic shapes it looks awsome

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
hey isn't the k20 the engine for the s2k?
and is it is how could it be the same for te rsx?
rsk is fwd and s2k is rwd

how much HP is the elise rated at?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Sean said:
hey isn't the k20 the engine for the s2k?
and is it is how could it be the same for te rsx?
rsk is fwd and s2k is rwd

how much HP is the elise rated at?
S2000 had the F20, now has the F22. The Elise I believe is rated at 180hp 139ft/lb.

Edit for one of my previous posts: the chassis is aluminum in the Elise not carbon fibre like I said. It is still light, strong and safe. There is no way that guy would have got seriously injured from that accident. And as far as the cost the car weighs 1925lb. soaking wet, almost every piece on the car is something special and worth a lot. The nature of the beast, when buying a car like that it will be expensive to fix.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts