Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
That looks very nice patatoe. I wish I had enough money to not worry about voiding my warranty. I wanna lower my car too but my dad suggested I go for the extended warranty. It'll probly be better in the end though seeing that the reliability is not as good as was hoped. I should have gotten a few extra features too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
KillahKermitt said:
That looks very nice patatoe. I wish I had enough money to not worry about voiding my warranty. I wanna lower my car too but my dad suggested I go for the extended warranty. It'll probly be better in the end though seeing that the reliability is not as good as was hoped. I should have gotten a few extra features too.
This coming from the guy asking how to chip his pcm to remove his govenor.
You don't think that will void your warranty? I know that a pcm is going to be more expensive than a set of shocks, and if it comes down to it you could swap the stock springs back on if you had to take it in. And the reliability for the SS is perfect, i have yet to see one come in for anything other than a reprogram, or stupid little complaints. But you only have the base model right....

·
Registered
895 Posts
Your car would look much cleaner without the big SS badge on the side and whatever sticker you have down below. Lowering did your car justice.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Needparts said:
This coming from the guy asking how to chip his pcm to remove his govenor.
You don't think that will void your warranty? I know that a pcm is going to be more expensive than a set of shocks, and if it comes down to it you could swap the stock springs back on if you had to take it in. And the reliability for the SS is perfect, i have yet to see one come in for anything other than a reprogram, or stupid little complaints. But you only have the base model right....
I was only wondering about the govenor in the pcm. I didn't know much about it in the Cobalt so I was asking a simple question. I haven't looked to much into it. And as for the reliability, I was only referring to the reports I read/heard on it. Not to mention some of the posts here. I'm a college boy with not too much money to throw round, especially since I just bought this car and am faithfully making payments on so my credit doesn't end up in the trash. If something with the car were to go "wrong", I'd like a nice warranty to soften the financial blow. My dad sure as hell won't pay for it. He just helped me get it, no funding whatsoever. This is MY first car besides the 99 Tracker I was given at graduation (very reliable). But somebody hit me at a light and totalled it out. And since my dad bought it, I saw no money from it. All of the upgrades I have planned for the car are in the future. I can't quite afford to bring it to SS level in the next 6 mths. So I'm saving up now to play later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Its way higher in the back than the front on a flat surface. Ive taken every emblem off besides the door emblems. I took them off and the door looked too big. Hard to explain, anyway there back on. It looks like 2nd pic on a flat surface.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts