Cobalts SS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Im pretty new to the forums and in the next couple weeks I want to purchase these 18 inch rims for my cobalt but also lower the car 2 inches. Will this cause any technical problems adding bigger tires such as rubbing, handling problems etc once the car is lowered? Thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
well the lowering will do anything but hurt the handling. i lowered my SS with Eiabach Sportline springs. it handles unbelievably awesome but it rides worse than anything ive ever ridden in. i recommened lowering it like an inch with the pro kit from eibach. stay away from that low, it will cause issues. the rims- if you have a regular balt with 15's then it will change the car drastically. it will ride, handle, and stop different. however, there should be no rubbing unless due to the lowering you cut the bump stops and in the event of a huge travel the wheel could hit the car. anyhow, just due as little suspension modification as possible to suit your needs. if you lower it two inches anyway, you must change the shocks and struts or you will have back and transmission problems. hope this was a help to you.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
also, if you have a regular cobalt, you might want to upgrae your brakes if your switching to 18's... those stock rear drums just don't cut it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts