Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know for sure if I would be able to order just the LSD and get the stock seats instead of the Recaros? I'm not gonna be racing my car through twistys so I don't really need the extra support, plus I think the insers look hot on the stock seats.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
JamesBrown said:
Anybody know for sure if I would be able to order just the LSD and get the stock seats instead of the Recaros? I'm not gonna be racing my car through twistys so I don't really need the extra support, plus I think the insers look hot on the stock seats.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thx
i think if you get LSD, you'll get the recaros..

but its OBVIOUS, others will want the recaros.. you can do an easy exchange for the stock ones with someone who will want the Recaros...

you might even make a profit :confused: ...you can always try to :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's basically getting the Recaro's for free. The Ion has a Comp Package upgrade that comes with the LSD, and a few other goodies, boost gauge, ladder tach, etc. It's $1500 too, considering that we already have the Recaros as standard equip, and the LSD is $1500 on it own, you're getting a free set of $2000 racing seats. Go look at how much they charge for the seats if you want them seperate!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, well i guess i can't. I just heard somewhere on either this forum or cobaltss.net that you'd be able to order just the limited slip for like $300.

·
Registered
454 Posts
JamesBrown said:
ok, well i guess i can't. I just heard somewhere on either this forum or cobaltss.net that you'd be able to order just the limited slip for like $300.
We just had our first Redline forum member get one installed at Saturn, $1,400 for the LSD, he sad it was another $200+ for misc seals and gaskets and such, and around 9 hours of labor. Took them almost a week to do it since no one had yet, and they didn't even know what parts they needed to finish it until it was open. If you can find one for that cheap, PLEASE GOD let us know! You can check the Quiafe web site for pricing right now, not sure if the Cobalt is up there. It's the same diff as the Saab 9-3, at least in the Redline, so take a peek!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I'll be getting it from the factory. Same cost plus basically FREE Recaro seats. The RL's one upped us on that. Don't all RL's come w/ Recaro's standard?!?!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CoBIZZLE said:
I'll be getting it from the factory. Same cost plus basically FREE Recaro seats. The RL's one upped us on that. Don't all RL's come w/ Recaro's standard?!?!
Yes, but no lsd :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Quaife unit is an excellent quality piece of engineering.
GM chose to use the term "limited-slip-differential" to market this option; this widely known and used descriptor would get the basic message across to most consumers, even though with this unit you get way more than any LSD offers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts