Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard they might offer it with a performance package right? I'd hope so...it would be great to have LSD. I know that gm put LSD on the Cobalt 272 displayed on gm tuner website.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not to to sure what the lsd really does for the car. Does it help the cars power or it's handle? I need to know this since my dealer can't find an SS I'm going to have to go in next week and order mine. If all the lsd does is help its handle then I'm not going to get the G85 package.I'll just get it with the blue and black seats.So could someone please tell me what the lsd does.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In short, it makes the car totally awesome. If you've ever driven a high hp front wheel drive car then you will certainly notice the difference. Wheel hop is pretty much eliminated and it allows you to pull of corners on the throttle, rather than producing clouds of wheel smoke.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well I don't plan on going around corners all that fast.I just don't want to pay that much for something that I will never use or hardly use.The man reason I'm getting the cobalt s/c is because of the power they have and the look of them.I don't plan on doing any racing unless someone pulls up to me and wants to see what it can do, and I know when I get my cobalt it will happen all the time since there are tons of hondas,srt 4's,evo's,wrx's,and eclipse's where I live. I'm still thinking about getting the g85 package, I guess what I'm looking for someone to say is it will make the car a lil faster or give it better accleration. But I guess I could put it on there anyway just incase I need it one day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Capone_SS said:
Well I don't plan on going around corners all that fast.I just don't want to pay that much for something that I will never use or hardly use.The man reason I'm getting the cobalt s/c is because of the power they have and the look of them.I don't plan on doing any racing unless someone pulls up to me and wants to see what it can do, and I know when I get my cobalt it will happen all the time since there are tons of hondas,srt 4's,evo's,wrx's,and eclipse's where I live. I'm still thinking about getting the g85 package, I guess what I'm looking for someone to say is it will make the car a lil faster or give it better accleration. But I guess I could put it on there anyway just incase I need it one day.
well if you do decide with lsd,expect to wait a LOT longer for your car. I've
been waiting since 01/21/05,and GM STILL hasn't preferanced my order. :mad:
you'll have to wait for a '06 model,as they(GM)aren't accepting any more
orders on '05. LSD on this car is helpful under certain circumstances,but
sounds to me you wouldn't be pushing it into that realm. BTW I ended up
dropping the LSD package on mine because I need a car soon. I'm not happy
but weighing the issues I think I'll still will be happy with my car,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah for those of you who don't know, LSD stands for Limited Slip Differential. IMO it's definately worth it, especially if you're buying the car for the overall "driving experience". Whether you're modding it out or not LSD will help you stay in control of your vehicle and launch it agressively. Just ask some of those F-Body owners out there ;). Of course, i know many people actually REMOVE their LSD from their RWD cars......sthn to do with burn outs i think :T hehehe

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
You can but expect it to be costly!! More than $1500, I'd almost GUARANTEE that!!! And ya dont even get any cool seats for free either!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true. hopefully some aftermarket company can make one and sell it cheaper. i mean i used to be a nissan guy, and lsd for the sr20 motors were like 700-900 bucks depending where you get it and what brand.

·
Registered
67 Posts
lsd is great! oooooohhh u mean the lsd on the car my bad thought u were talkin about acid!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts