Cobalts SS banner
1 - 5 of 37 Posts

· Banned
200 Posts
I hate to put down magnuson because they make such awesome S/C kits, but I think the better option for you guys would be to port your own blower and intake, buy a pulley, buy your own exhaust, and either buy your own programming software when it comes out or get your car dynotuned at a shop that has a programmer than can be used on your cars. The porting should be pretty cheap, especially if you do it yourself(only cost would be a Dremel and a bunch of bits), the pulley gonna cost between $150-200, a programmer we have yet to see a price, but HPTuners costs around $500 so figure that as a worst case scenario or you can dyno tune for a few hundred, and the exhaust should cost around $500 for a catback. So you might be looking at $1500 bucks or so to do it all yourself and probably see the same power gains.

· Banned
200 Posts
ALot of guys just have it done for them, and I dont think its all that expensive to do and its very worth it. I'm sure what Magnuson is selling is nothing but a ported and polished M62.
Its a good kit none the less for those of you looking for an easy bolt on. I just wanted to give a few ideas for those of you that are on a budget and cant splurge $2k+ for an S/C kit when you already have an S/C to work with.

· Banned
200 Posts
Well for anyone that wants to make the drive to Denver to get a warranty then I guess this is a good deal.

After re-reading the original post, I dont see any mention of an upgraded S/C, just the pulley/exhaust/and programmer. I assumed that a whole new blower would be included due to the $2k estimated price tag, or at the least a new snout with a modular pulley system. If theres no blower or even snout included and people are going to pay that kinda money for just the pulley/exhaust/programmer, then I'm gonna start buying those items in bulk and sell them as a kit for an insane amount of money and make some easy cash!!!

· Banned
200 Posts
I think I was the only one complaining LOL!! And I dont even have an SS!! I just think there could be money better spent on a car that already has an S/C from the factory.

· Banned
200 Posts
LSJ uses an M60, smaller than an M90. I believe they are the same length with the snouts on, leading me to believe that the M60 snout might actually be longer than the M90's since the M90 has a bigger case.

1 - 5 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.