Cobalts SS banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
I havent bought one yet, waitin on an 06, in wishful hopes of more power/options. :rolleyes:
did you know that the solstice/skye is supposed to be a turbo version of pretty much the same engine as the SS right? and the rumor I have heard is that the SS might be coming with a turbo sometime '06-'07 model years. As I said its a rumor, but It comes from someone I trust.

edit: forgot to mention est. hp. I've heard stock 250-270.

Being an LS1 guy, $2K for a kit seems cheap. Heck that's what headers and my True Duals ended up costing me for my Camaro SS. But seeing as how that one sits in the garage and the Cobalt SS is gonna be the daily driver I would def buy a kit that brought us up to 280HP. In this light of a car that would be plenty to keep me in and out of traffic.

potatoe said:
I watched the GM cobalt features video at work the other day. They said GM will have two kits comming out, Stage 1- 240HP, and Stage 2- 280 HP, the said they would be released in november?
I believe you are all talking about the same upgrades. GM Perf\Magnuson\Gravana (aka "the consortium") are all leaking out data on the "Staged" upgrades to be officially released in Vegas at SEMA this fall. The recent Cobalt SS IDL had a segment with GM Performance Division's Ken Wasmer announcing these kits to the GM dealers which seemed to solidify their development.(Gravana is apparently working on a "twin-charged" Cobalt SS for SEMA as well)
Stage 1 will include a pully and recal for the ECM and raises the RedLine and Cobalt SS engine horsepower to 230-240.
Stage 2 will include additional internal engine components as well as a performance clutch. These changes combined with the Stage 2 pully and another recalibration should able to raise the LSJ output to somewhere between 270-280HP
*Please note Mr. Wasner did not specifically say WHEEL HP, so that's still an unknown, until they are offcially announced.
On the privateer front, I for one would be very surprised if ANYONE determined how to prevent the myriad of "rationality" DTCs from setting until these calibrations are released. (Although I hear PSI-FI is very close with some sort of "piggy-back" solution- we shall see)
Regards
WopOnTour

What Eaton supercharger do the LSJ's use - an M90 or M120? Magnuson already makes nose drive kits for both those superchargers, just tell em you have a Grand Prix GTP (M90) or Ford Lightening (M120) and they won't argue.

You could contact ZZPerformance for Magnuson components. They know their stuff. 1-877-ZZPerformance (997-3736)

LSJ uses an M60, smaller than an M90. I believe they are the same length with the snouts on, leading me to believe that the M60 snout might actually be longer than the M90's since the M90 has a bigger case.

WOLFEMAN1981 said:
I work for a Chevy dealer in denver where we put on a lot of Magnason supercharger kits on corvettes, trucks and SUVs. Anyways, I was talking to the Magnason rep and he told me in the next couple of months they will have an upgrade kit for the Cobalt SS and the Redlines that include a smaller pulley, a programmer, and an exhuast system to boost the HP to 275 HP. Don't have any prices yet.

You don't know a guy named tony armbruster do you?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.