Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, heres the scoop.
A major brand name company that we work close with (dont try to guess, we work with a lot of companies to develop, and test product) has sent us a prototype intake system to try out.

So far, its working extremely well, and we have dyno tested a solid 223 hp and 195 torque.

We made a video for all of you to enjoy, right click, save as, and enjoy !!

We will continue to test this piece, and expect to have them on our shelves in just a few weeks. Everyone stay tuned for more information !! I hope you guys are as excited as we are !!

http://www.modernperformance.com/05_cobalt_proto_intake2.wmv

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fyi, this is on our own 05 Chevy Cobalt SS project car..

·
Registered
162 Posts
3rd or 4th gear dyno pull?

If fourth, not much gain it seems.

Sounds nice though.

Your neighbors must just love you 'testing' on their street...anyone call the cops yet?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DigDug said:

Sounds nice though.

Your neighbors must just love you 'testing' on their street...anyone call the cops yet?

I believe it was third gear.
No doubt, its loud, has a very cool, unique tone.
Neighbors ? Thats a street in an warehouse industrial area with very little to no traffic.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
87camaroPA said:
That thing sounds awesome how much of a gain did you guys get??
Yup yup, it does sound awesome. You can actually hear the whine now !
We gained about 7 hp to the wheels with it. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Whew! That sounds awesome..and compared to what it dynoed when I was at the leading edge event that's a pretty good gain. You can bet I'll be down there once it hits the shelves lol. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
DigDug said:

4th gear 3rd gear 17th gear, if they are uncorrected numbers the gear doesn't matter. i don't really care what numbers the car puts out, i want to see the before and after numbers. that car could've put out 221whp before the intake and 223whp afterwards. it's all about the before and after...

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Dont be lazy, look on their home page, in the Cobalt SS section it used to show what it dynoed stock, should still be there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts