Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Cobalt ss non supercharged. I bought it with 40k on it just over a week ago. Tonight while heading on base it died. Just flat out stopped working. Before it happened I went to put up the passenger side window and the radio flickerd off and back on as well as the lights dimming. I reached over and put it up with the passenger door switch. Wondering what was wrong I tried it again. And thats when the car died. It will not start now, nor will it take a jump.

The dash lights still light up but the radio lights do not when key is in ignition. When I try to start it the daytime running lights do come on.

Thats basically it. It is currently sitting at the dealership I bought from waiting to be looked at in the morning. I havent decided if I still want it after they fix it or if I want to give it up for something else.

Any ideas on what it might be ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
sounds like a ground issue....dosen't sound real serious probly loose ground or the ground needs to be cleaned. also when you try and start the vehicle does the engine turn over? any cliking sounds? fast clicking or one click?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer called me today. Good news. It was only a bas switch' which in turn blew some fuse in the trunk near the battery that aids in the starting process. Just to be safe they are replacing both switches on each side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts