Cobalts SS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

Work has me out here in the middle of Ohio for another few weeks and I am itching to get a run in (as a baseline before I install my 2800 stall) with my current beater (LT1 Caprice). Have not been to a track since I 'race-prepped' the car by installing spark-plug wires with less than 200K miles on them. About a year back it was running 14.9's @ 93 while backfiring at the top of first and second gear (refusing to upshift as well, until I backed totally out of the throttle). 2.3ish 60' times.

Figure that means it should pull mid/upper 14's at 94 or so. That would make it a close race between a CSS and myself.

Any strips near me and anybody want to race a 4300lb, 206K miles ex-cop car?

If a stock or near stock CSS or R/L can beat me, it will just about force me to order an '06 when I get back home.

Not that that is such a bad thing...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got back from the track. We went to Marion County International Raceway. About 50 minutes from Mansfield. You can also go to Dragway 42, which is about 20 minutes from you. Or you could hit Norwalk Raceway Park, which is about 30 minutes north of you!

You're right smack in the middle of great drag strips! Or you can always cruise down to Park Ave. right there in downtown Mansfield! There's always a reac to be had on friday or saturday night!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Derrick Adams said:
Just got back from the track. We went to Marion County International Raceway. About 50 minutes from Mansfield. You can also go to Dragway 42, which is about 20 minutes from you. Or you could hit Norwalk Raceway Park, which is about 30 minutes north of you!
Thanks! I will check into the schedule at 42 and Norwalk to see if/when I can go. Not into street racing, I don't feel that I have the right to endanger other people with my car. The odds are low that someone would get hurt or killed of course, but for me, any risk is beyond my right to assume for another.

Also, probably not too many people be happy with me when I pull up in an old Illinois State cruiser...probably all scatter.

<edit below>
looks like Dragway 42 has open track time this Tuesday and Friday. I will probably hit it Tuesday to get a few more runs in vs waiting, unless a CSS or R/L wants to show me what they can do on Friday. I have actually not seen one in person yet. Just base models. There are a few G85's sitting at dealers near my house (400 miles from here) and I will obviously test drive a few before ordering the options I want, but seeing one up close and personal before that day would be great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts