Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Roush got 14.8/96mph? Don't really read up much on Mustangs but I'd expect better times than that if I threw money down for one. Is that all they're good for, or does the driver not know what he's doing? Doesn't the Roush package add performance, or is it totally cosmetic?

·
Registered
818 Posts
You can buy a Roush body kit, there are different goodies the more $$ you spend. Not sure how the levels for Roush go, although the bottom line Roush, expensive as it may be, is nothing more than a body kit and wheels.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
04GTP-WhatLag? said:
now the real question:

where in Alabama are you???
Birmingham. Why do you ask?

mken said:
The Roush got 14.8/96mph? Don't really read up much on Mustangs but I'd expect better times than that if I threw money down for one. Is that all they're good for, or does the driver not know what he's doing? Doesn't the Roush package add performance, or is it totally cosmetic?
The Roush stage 1 is mainly a appearance package. It comes lowered and with a body kit. The car I raced was a Stage 1 Roush. No performance (go fast parts) over a regular stock GT. I have heard that these Stage 1 Roush's run a little slower times than a regular GT due to their spring rate so maybe thats why it ran so slow. I don't know. I was expecting to get mopped up for what little mods I have. I did catch him sleeping at the tree but he still should of realled me in or at least put up a better fight towards the end of the track.

I'm not in any way saying this is what happens to all 05 GTs I race because I've had much much more closer races with other new regular GTs that seemed to have little or no mods. Most of the ones I've seen run around here run high 13's or low 14's and trap anywhere from 99 to 103 mph from what I've witnessed around here.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04GTP-WhatLag? said:
im in nw bama....

what track did you run at???
You with the HSV bunch?

That track is at Steele and is called Alabama International Raceway but everyone refers to it as "Steele". Its a 1/4 mile track. I usually go to MMP (Montgomery) but since its under renovation and under new management, there is no telling when its going to open back up .Sucks because MMP is a pretty good track and was my favorite 1/4 mile track to run on. Steele has very poor/if any track prep on Sundays (the day of the video). Its just a TnT day to them so they don't really try and keep the track as nice as it should be for best traction :cool:

you might be thinking of BAMA or Lassister Mtn for the 1/8 Bham area tracks. Steele is not in Bham or Jefferson County. Its towards Gadsden right off 59 North.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts