Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the owner of a Black Cobalt SS in Minot(I think he is a baser) on here??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess he isn't on here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Hey what's up, so I take it your the owner of the black Ion here in Minot. I like the ride, I don't know how many of them are here in Minot. You a part of the NA forums at all? Anyways I thought I would introduce myself, I'm sure we'll run into eachother over the summer. Drop me a line I'm interested to see what all is done to the car and what your plans are for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Jpro said:
Hey what's up, so I take it your the owner of the black Ion here in Minot. I like the ride, I don't know how many of them are here in Minot. You a part of the NA forums at all? Anyways I thought I would introduce myself, I'm sure we'll run into eachother over the summer. Drop me a line I'm interested to see what all is done to the car and what your plans are for it.
Hey you guys I am in Winnipeg. If your looking to cruise Winnipeg for something to do plan a summer sunday nite for crusing PORTAGE Ave. Bumper to Bumper hot cars. more traffic than rush hour for most of portage ave (runs from the city centre right out to the perimeter highway) lots of car shows including one downtown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I look foward to seeing who is out and about in the summer time, maybe see a bunch of people at some car shows. yeah we will have to get together. and talk sometime.


SSNipes I am sure I will hit up Winnepeg(I know I butchered the spelling) I am not sure when though, I know it will be in the spring or summer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Are you planning on running at the track. Have you taken your car to the track at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Jpro said:
Are you planning on running at the track. Have you taken your car to the track at all?
Yes and NO, respectively.

Is there a place to run in the US you two would be going to?

We have Gimili race way but that is a 1 1/2 hours north from my home in Winnipeg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Well we have a 1/8th mile track right here in Minot at the state fairgrounds. Also I go to Sabin over by fargo to race in the 1/4 when they have they're interstate dragways session going on. You should come down for it sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haven't ran the car at the track, I had it dynoed when I first got the car 203 hp 200 lb but I have a CAI b&G lowering springs and plan on the GM stage 2 upgrade kit for it when it comes out here in Mar.(if it comes out in Mar.) other than that I am still debating on which Exhaust to choose. what do you guys have done??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Nukem said:
what do you guys have done??
I am bone stock. I have a K&N cone filter I plan on putting on in summer and may remove the left driving lamp to get air induction. Looking at other plans. stage II for sure and cam gear timing. maybe cams heavier valve springs and then raise the rev limiter. clutch for sure to mostly likely stage II and maybe stage III. Since tranny is out may as well put in LSD with perhaps a lower diff gear ratio like the GM performance ST race team. Other consideration is forged pistons and a nitrous shot. Been reading the GM performance article on the ECOTEC LSJ that pumps up power to 300HP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I would like to get LSD but it seems a lil expensive, Definitly Stage 2 clutch and lighter Flywheel here. but that won't happen til the end of the year or beginning of the next year. u wouldn't know if the Cobalt SS exhaust would fit the Redline do u? I was thinking about the Corsa 3" but they only make it for the SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Isn't the cobalt and the redline the same car basically? Do they have the same motors? Someone enlighten me, I would imagine that alot of cobalt parts that are made will fit the redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they pretty much are the same car, 90% of the cobalt stuff will fit the redline, but I am not 100% sure if the exhaust are ran the same...suck to buy something and not be able to use it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I know your not from Glenburn...maybe the woman in the car with you? I grew up in Glenburn....hadn't been there in forever, so I decided to check it out, and what a coincidence that u headed that way too. Tried stopping in town, but guess u didn't feel like chatting. Maybe some other time, anyways nice car!

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh I thought u lived there, No I was looking at some places that were for rent there. I would have stopped to talk, I didn't know if you were following me to talk, or what. Should have waved me down or something. FUNNY...LoL I might be heading to Taco Bell later on 2night if u want to chat.(8 ish)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Nukem said:
yeah I would like to get LSD but it seems a lil expensive, Definitly Stage 2 clutch and lighter Flywheel here. but that won't happen til the end of the year or beginning of the next year. u wouldn't know if the Cobalt SS exhaust would fit the Redline do u? I was thinking about the Corsa 3" but they only make it for the SS
personally I think 3" exhaust is a waste for this car unless you plan to go way beyond 300HP. 2.5 inch is a good compromise. GMPP exhaust is 2.25 does a great job on the dyno and sounds great. but I must say I am planning for the 2.5" Magnaflow with a 2.5" High flow converter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, I heard w/ the RL that I have to buy a gasket for the Magnaflow, no biggie gasget is like a couple of dollars from what I hear. I would like to go w/ Corsa, but I donno if it will fit the RL, Fits the SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Nukem said:
oh I thought u lived there, No I was looking at some places that were for rent there. I would have stopped to talk, I didn't know if you were following me to talk, or what. Should have waved me down or something. FUNNY...LoL I might be heading to Taco Bell later on 2night if u want to chat.(8 ish)
I hadn't had the car out for awhile, so I decided to take it for a drive...get the juices flowin again. I just thought it was funny how you went to the same place. I was thinking maybe you and your woman thought I was stalking you guys or something. Yes we have to meet up sometime...I'm busy tonight. I love the SC whine, I want a ride in that hog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll give u a ride, when I get it cleaned out. I got all my military stuff in the back and some of my GF's personal things in there. Is yours a Stage 2??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Well hopefully the weather takes a change and gets in the upper 30's again. Otherwise the car stays in. Yes it's stage 2 w/toys among other things :D
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top