Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobil #1 VS C-Tire Formula 1 Was looking to change My oil and checked out Crap tire (Canadian Tire)
Priced the Mobil 1 at $ 38.99 for 4.4 liters 5w-30 looked over and saw the
Formula 1 synthetic 5w-30 at $ 19.99 on sale for 4.4 liters.Started to read the back lable and it says that it meets the standard for GM Corvettes
GM 4718 standard or something like that and checked into it in the owners manual and its the same rating thats required for the SS-SC.
It seems like quite a cost savings. :)
Searched out product on the internet seems its made buy the same company
could it be the same oil (Brothers for a different father ) :D
How about some opinions on this .
Do you think it would be good enough ?
or you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Coblasts said:
Mobil #1 VS C-Tire Formula 1 Was looking to change My oil and checked out Crap tire (Canadian Tire)
Priced the Mobil 1 at $ 38.99 for 4.4 liters 5w-30 looked over and saw the
Formula 1 synthetic 5w-30 at $ 19.99 on sale for 4.4 liters.Started to read the back lable and it says that it meets the standard for GM Corvettes
GM 4718 standard or something like that and checked into it in the owners manual and its the same rating thats required for the SS-SC.
It seems like quite a cost savings. :)
Searched out product on the internet seems its made buy the same company
could it be the same oil (Brothers for a different father ) :D
How about some opinions on this .
Do you think it would be good enough ?
or you get what you pay for!
Sometimes it may be made by the same company and/or even the same oil but be careful because safeway brand soda is made by pepsi its just the lesser quality stuff that didnt quite make the cut. I know 40 bucks may be a lot of money but is it worth the hastle of a lesser oil?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes but it meets the standard that GM has set

wyoming_bass said:
Sometimes it may be made by the same company and/or even the same oil but be careful because safeway brand soda is made by pepsi its just the lesser quality stuff that didnt quite make the cut. I know 40 bucks may be a lot of money but is it worth the hastle of a lesser oil?
It meets the standard listed in the manual GM1748 or something like that
so I do not for see a problem with using the formula 1 .The Mobil 1 alot of the extra cost I think would also be in the Name and Advertising cost,Like all the racing car etc they sponser.
I going to try it and see if I notice any thing different.
Heres another Question I change the opil every 5000 kms but I here guys say up to 10,000 kms with a filter change half way,what do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts