Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dude, you can take some awesome pictures! I just made one of these my wallpaper. I need some lessons from you but hold off on that until mine gets its face back lol.....:(

·
Registered
543 Posts
again, nice pics...more, MORE!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
oh, off key for just a sec.....for those w/ or w/o the CSS/SC.
Have you had people try to tell you that the car has an intercooler right up front? I had 2 guys argue with me on this so far and their responce was "dude you're a friggin moron, look at the Cobalt next time you see one, it is just like the SRT4 intercooler"
....I was then speechless, chuckled and dropped it just for S&G's, they said they would prove it to me later, I'm still waiting...only brought this up cause in your pics you can see the front end so well and it reminded me of those 2 wonderful fellows.
Sorry for the hijack tofu, we now return you to your previously viewed program.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
wait.... umm you are asking if the cobalt has an intercooler?
i think thats what you are asking because it does actually
iff you look from under the car there are actually three metal grate things
1. the radiator
2. air conditioning condenser
3. intercooler

im pretty sure that the intercooler is the one on the front too
so yeah.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually, the intercooler is mounted directly onto the head. What you're seeing in the front is the radiator. The Cobalt SS/SC does not have a FMIC.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for comments! :) I love taking pictures...even considering it a minor in college! I wish I had a better camera though...like a Canon EOS Rebel. *drool*

Oh and KSE, yep that's the same spot the ol stang used to roar at. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sean said:
wait.... umm you are asking if the cobalt has an intercooler?
i think thats what you are asking because it does actually
iff you look from under the car there are actually three metal grate things
1. the radiator
2. air conditioning condenser
3. intercooler

im pretty sure that the intercooler is the one on the front too
so yeah.....
the Cobalt's intercooler in mounted inside the intake manifold to cool the incoming air, you can't see it.

"tofu
what kind of camera do you have now, I jsut have a regular ol' samsung 4MP looking to upgrade to a nice Canon 6-7MP+...yeah I like the rebels but wow @ the price. If my extreme hobby or job was photography then yeah but not gonna be buying it in the near future.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Actually, its could more closely be defined as an AFTERcooler. As it is cooling the air AFTER the blower instead of before. ;) :D

Nice pics tofu, did you paint your calipers red??

·
Registered
543 Posts
wasey13 said:
Actually, its could more closely be defined as an AFTERcooler. As it is cooling the air AFTER the blower instead of before. ;) :D

Nice pics tofu, did you paint your calipers red??
all intercooler could be considered aftercoolers cause they are all the same that they come after the turbo/super but before the air reaches the combustion chamber.
Just called an intercooler cause it comes between the engine and the blower.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love the pics. That's the same color I'm about to order and I was going to paint the calipers red too.... What kind of paint did you use and how long did the job take you? Trying to get an idea of what I'm in for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts