Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
That shift knob isn't stock is it? BTW nice car!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cool...wonder if that will fit the S/C model?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man I never get tired of seeing the 2.4L SS :). As for the shift knob it took me a while to get used to it being round when I first got my LS but now that I've got a few KM under my belt with it I really like it...and it goes extremely well with the interior of all the models including the 2.4L SS. I wanted to try putting the SS short-shifter in my LS but I really don't want to replace my knob now and I have a feeling removing and re-connecting the stock one is difficult because of how it's held on the stick :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
JohnyNFullEffect said:
Finally someone likes what GM's done with the SS non-s/c!

Thanks guys.
I really don't know what people have against the 2.4L...I could be slightly biased because it looks similar to my LS with a bit of the SS bodykit thrown in but the car just flows so well. The rims match it perfectly and look awesome being 17" polished...that was probably the first thing I noticed on the one sitting on the dealers lot...I had to pull in and look at it. I guess in the long run it comes down to a matter of personal taste...as long as you're happy with it though that's all that matters :D.

If my roommate, who is a 100% Honda driver, likes the look of our cars then GM must have done something right :D...now if I could get him to quit playing with the button for the heated seats like a 6 year old child....

Permafried-

·
Registered
107 Posts
honestly i dont beleive that there should be any other option then a s/c ss but thats my opinion. my reasoning is that the ss badge was awarded to the cars that were set apart from the rest of the models by real darastic changes in horsepower and style.

·
Registered
251 Posts
bowofdoom said:
honestly i dont beleive that there should be any other option then a s/c ss but thats my opinion. my reasoning is that the ss badge was awarded to the cars that were set apart from the rest of the models by real darastic changes in horsepower and style.
I figure this is the reason most people don't like the 2.4L and it's completely understandable. I'm not real happy the '06 base model is now branded LS when my fully loaded '05 LS is definitely not a base model as far as features, style and price are concerned but I'm trying to look past it and just enjoy my car for what it is and not be overly concerned with what comes out in the years following my model :). I think once most people look past the branding and see the car for what it is they'll agree GM did a good job on it and it's another nice addition to the Cobalt lineup :). If it generates more sales for GM that means more $$ for R&D and we ultimately win in the long run...just keep thinking stage kits :D.

At least when the placed the SS badge on the 2.4L it does have an additional 30hp over the non-ss models which is still a fairly large increase and besides yours still stands out with it's larger rims, rear and front valances, spoiler and you can't miss the whine of the S/C under the hood :D.

Permafried-

·
Registered
2 Posts
bowofdoom said:
Umm... If that's the case, then there shouldn't be a colbalt SS. There really shouldn't be an SS line. The only cars worthy of an SS badge are the GXP grand prix's and bonavilles, but they are GXP's, not SS.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The S/C shift knob is from the 9-3, so it won't be changed for '06. Personally I think the shift ring is a good thing because it protects one from putting it into reverse accidentally.

And 'SS' has become a trim level in chevy, not neccesarily a performance option. It just so happens that higher output engines are matched with it mainly because it is the highest trim level. That was how it originally was back in the day too. It just became this "performance icon" over the years.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
This may be dumb but what are the 'tell tale signs' of it being the non S/C version?

Paul, I know you have probably told me already but I forget.

I am guessing the Polished wheels as the S/C have the gunmetal. Anything else?

·
Registered
59 Posts
the non sc ss have a smaller spoiler on them as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts