Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the ls, lt, and ltz come standard with an am/fm cd player without mp3 capabilities, thought the am/fm cd player with mp3 capabilities is optional on the lt and ltz and standard on the ss and ss/sc.

chevy's website is your friend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. thanks. i notice almost every reply to one of my posts is followed by "Blank is your friend." haha. i just thought it would be easier and quicker to ask people who have experience with them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not even sure how to use the MP3 in the Cobalt now, I don't have one, but I just never searched. Is there some time of porthole that you just plug a wite in to and run it to your iPod or MP3?

·
Registered
415 Posts
iso said:
the ls, lt, and ltz come standard with an am/fm cd player without mp3 capabilities, thought the am/fm cd player with mp3 capabilities is optional on the lt and ltz and standard on the ss and ss/sc.

chevy's website is your friend.
My fiance's 05 LS has the CD/MP3/XM and the 7 speaker system.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
West Palm SRT4 said:
I'm not even sure how to use the MP3 in the Cobalt now, I don't have one, but I just never searched. Is there some time of porthole that you just plug a wite in to and run it to your iPod or MP3?

I could be wrong, but I think you have to have a CD written in MP3 format, and you play the CD in the player. Good thing about that is that you can have about 2 or 3 CDs that have as much information as about 75 CDs. No joke

·
Registered
303 Posts
clevelander2002 said:
Well, when my mom got her 03 LS Impala, the XM was an option, and MP3 wasen't big back then. So when she got it, she got every option available for the car. Things like leather interior, XM, onstar, sunroof, the whole 9 yards. Then a month later the 03 SS Impalas hit the lot :( :mad: . Whatever though, I still haven't seen an Impala like hers, I'll get some pictures sometime.

Damn I'm off topic, sorry. Well I think your wife got the XM MP3 as an option, lol.

·
Registered
303 Posts
PingPong1608 said:
I could be wrong, but I think you have to have a CD written in MP3 format, and you play the CD in the player. Good thing about that is that you can have about 2 or 3 CDs that have as much information as about 75 CDs. No joke
Yeah, you're most likely right about that, but my friends have both gotten new stereo faces and systems, and they screw in a little plug in somewhere in the car, and you just plug it in there, and then to the iPod. Maybe I can snatch pictures of them too.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
clevelander2002 said:
in '05 the models went base, ls, lt... there was no tlz. for '06 and up the designations changed

base went to ls
ls went to lt
and lt went to ltz

so for '06 and up what i said is correct. for '05's you have to convert to the new model designations.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
PingPong1608 said:
lol. thanks. i notice almost every reply to one of my posts is followed by "Blank is your friend." haha. i just thought it would be easier and quicker to ask people who have experience with them.
sometimes it's quicker to ask here, as long as i'm on that is :D.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
West Palm SRT4 said:
it's not a plug and play. you have to burn a cd in mp3 format. not all radios can read mp3 formatted cd's (which can hold far more than a regular audio cd).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
West Palm SRT4 said:
Yeah, you're most likely right about that, but my friends have both gotten new stereo faces and systems, and they screw in a little plug in somewhere in the car, and you just plug it in there, and then to the iPod. Maybe I can snatch pictures of them too.
that would be an aux jack. something i wish the cobalt had. the hhr has a radio with aux input and hopefully the cobalt will get that radio for '07.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i know this isnt the forum for this but does anyone one know a good plug n play or sumthin for an ipod that isnt fm transmitter i have one and i sucks i hear static in the backaround

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think you may be out of luck. The cobalts don't have any auxiliary input on the stock radio.

Left plug is for power and output. Right plug is for steering wheel controls. No dice.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
SilvrSS said:
i know this isnt the forum for this but does anyone one know a good plug n play or sumthin for an ipod that isnt fm transmitter i have one and i sucks i hear static in the backaround
there is supposed to be an ipod interface for the cobalt sold through gm. ask your dealer about it or check out kelleyperformance he has a thread on different gm accessories for the cobalt and has that listed on there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
iso said:
that would be an aux jack. something i wish the cobalt had. the hhr has a radio with aux input and hopefully the cobalt will get that radio for '07.
According to the literature for the '07 there is an aux jack. I am wondering if I can hook my sirius receiver to the XM antenna.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
DJinAC said:
According to the literature for the '07 there is an aux jack. I am wondering if I can hook my sirius receiver to the XM antenna.
yup, the '07's just started hitting the lots and they have aux jacks. i said that before it was officially out and was just covering my ass by saying hopefully. as far as hooking the siruis receiver to the xm antenna... i have no idea.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
this is no problem. thats why GM has iPod interfaces for every single car :). the interface also has an RCA aux input built in so you can run your 8-track! (even tho RCAs werent out then lol) $250 shipped, ordered tomorrow. express service for my cobaltss.com users, this place is my home :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
iso said:
yup, the '07's just started hitting the lots and they have aux jacks. i said that before it was officially out and was just covering my ass by saying hopefully. as far as hooking the siruis receiver to the xm antenna... i have no idea.
sorry for double post, but XM and Sirius antennas are different, they dont inter-connect. just get the really small ones they use now and mount it in the corner of the dashboard on the pass side with wire going down between the windshield and the dash. did it this way on my brothers 328i :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts