Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so my ss/sc LSJ is in need of a new muffler. It has a full length header, catless DP, and Magnaflow catback. Although, the mufflers actual seam where the body of it was rolled over and met, literally blew out like a perfect flap. I just welded it back up nicely last night to keep it together for now but I want to go ahead and upgrade just the muffler. I want a 3in in/out for the deep if not deeper tone and keep flow, but was wanting to also try a quiet it down some. (Yes, I know... no cat its going to be pretty loud either way and I understand that haha) and also cant break the bank. I was thinking about getting a flowmaster 44, one of the HP mufflers, or something else. Ill be cleanly fabing and welding up the setup myself but was hoping for some input. I Just need to keep the performance, and deep tone but would like to reduce the rasp throughout the rpms and get rid of some cab noise. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a straight pipe with an early flow master and it's ridiculously loud. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone trying to make friends out there, I can baby it to a purr but that's not fun. Your talking yelling in your face at 2500k

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't like the sound that my Dodge Ram pickup produces while driving. I was at the car mechanic and he advised me to replace the exhaust system completely. I decided to search for more information about this on the Internet, I found an article https://truckpowerup.com/best-exhaust-system-for-dodge-ram-1500-hemi/ with reviews of different exhaust systems, maybe it will be useful for you too. I believe that you need to replace not only the muffler on the car, but well worth the bust or replace the exhaust system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts