Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods are minimal and are S1, K&N drop-in, AGP WGA, TurboXS HPMBC, JMB UPP w/ HKS SSQV.

This plot is off my stock (w/ K&N filter) run back when I first bought the car versus my highest new run.

This run was my new baseline versus my highest run

This run is of all 3 pulls I did today.
First baseline pull was with boost levels spiking to 16-17 psi and dropping off around 13-14 psi @ redline.
Second pull was with boost raised to spike 17-18 psi and drop to a steady 15 psi @ redline.
Final run was with even more raised boost to spike 18-20 spi and dropped off to 15 psi @ redline.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CoBIZZLE said:
280ft/lbs is nice! ;) Good numbers!
Its ok. I was expecting more but I have a small boost leak and no mapclamp so i think the PCM was pulling timing on the last two runs, otherwisae power would of been slightly higher I'm sure.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cavingman said:
humidity :[
welcome to the south :D

The real factor is a boost leak I believe. That plus coupled with the PCM pulling timing is my main reason why I think I wasn't making what I thought. Its a easy fix. Map clamp and return line = tuning fo mo powa ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CoBIZZLE said:
Are boost leaks common in SRT4's, I hear about em a lot?!?
They are common on any turbocharged car.

Its funny to see people on .net talk down about SRT4 because they have "boost leaks". Hell, every turbo car owner I know deals with boost leaks. Doesn't matter if its a SRT4, a turbo RSX, stock Supra, old diesel turbo work truck, etc etc. Its just part of owning a turbo car and doing the basic maintenance. Should check for boost leaks evey oil change or so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice #'s, and as predicted, stg 1 max out on 17 psi, any higher and the pcm will start to pull timing. But I'm glad to see the dyno results that would prove this theory. Thanks for the post, and like most peeps says, with your setup, it's not really that far from stg 2. You must have big time traction problem or wheel hop with first gear. I know I do.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CD'srt said:
Nice #'s, and as predicted, stg 1 max out on 17 psi, any higher and the pcm will start to pull timing. But I'm glad to see the dyno results that would prove this theory. Thanks for the post, and like most peeps says, with your setup, it's not really that far from stg 2. You must have big time traction problem or wheel hop with first gear. I know I do.

hehe yeah traction owns us. I have learned how not to launch the car with getting bad or excessive wheel hop but that doesn't work everytime. Still spin like a mofo. With that last run with 280 ft lbs. I don't get traction in second until after 3300k RPMs or so. I normally don't drive around with it on that set-up. I usually have it set to the second highest set-up for most driving thru the week and when I want to have a litle fun and burn up some gas I tune for the 280 ft lb plot. I'm still on the crappy stock MMs :(. I need inserts. I don't want dogbones because I drive this car daily and I've ridden in a firneds car with dogbones LOL. Lets just say its not for me for an everyday used car.

I'm probably not going to invest too much into maxxing the stock turbo. Seems pointless for me since I plan on going DBB 50 trim. If the wife would ever quit buying shit or tellimg me to get shit for the house I'd have my damn turbo on by now :( :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
orange juice said:
hehe yeah traction owns us. I have learned how not to launch the car with getting bad or excessive wheel hop but that doesn't work everytime. Still spin like a mofo. With that last run with 280 ft lbs. I don't get traction in second until after 3300k RPMs or so. I normally don't drive around with it on that set-up. I usually have it set to the second highest set-up for most driving thru the week and when I want to have a litle fun and burn up some gas I tune for the 280 ft lb plot. I'm still on the crappy stock MMs :(. I need inserts. I don't want dogbones because I drive this car daily and I've ridden in a firneds car with dogbones LOL. Lets just say its not for me for an everyday used car.

I'm probably not going to invest too much into maxxing the stock turbo. Seems pointless for me since I plan on going DBB 50 trim. If the wife would ever quit buying shit or tellimg me to get shit for the house I'd have my damn turbo on by now :( :)
specially with spiking like that your torq should be higher. My last dyno w/ leaks (from the sounds of it i have more done than you atm) was 270whp and 330 lbs-ft. Gotta love turbo spike. lol Get a mapclamp and return line, does wonders.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Manic_Mopar said:
lol Get a mapclamp and return line, does wonders.

Yeah those are my next two mods as well as doing the bottleneck mod. :cool:

At least I'll be able to reuse the return line and will already have the bottleneck mod done for when it comes time to switch to the larger snail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts