Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this up on the .net site figured i would post it here for those interested. I hit a deer in my cobalt and it ruined the whole front end bumper hood both fenders both headlights. I bought the CF hood from [email protected] and had it panted the same color as the car with the manta stripe.












 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
I love the hood, I am not a big fan of the black stripe though, That stripe is more of a Camaro thing not for a Cobalt. But to each his own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Looks good. I wouldnt mind getting one of those hoods on my car. Now that i know what it looks like painted on there, i really want one. Nice car(s). Whats the camaro run in the 1/4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Looks very nice with paint on it. Why don't you box it up and send it to me so I can paint it silver :D

Peace :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thansk to all for te compliments :D



oaklandmrt said:
Looks good. I wouldnt mind getting one of those hoods on my car. Now that i know what it looks like painted on there, i really want one. Nice car(s). Whats the camaro run in the 1/4?
My best in the Camaro was [email protected] with nitto drags and 103 octane race gas. But on any given day with DR's i will run low 12's, it is an auto so it is very consistent (i have won a few bracket racing trophies) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
ronnie, that looks REAL nice, the hood lines up way better than I could ever expect, and I like how you got the hood painted, instead of leaving it as-is...if only that scoop was functional now...

edit - and do you run the camaro at the atlanta drag strip? I've been needing to run down there someday to race because I run in bristol, TN, and the track absolutely sucks :( ...the camaro is nice too, but that's a given ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Annihilator said:
ronnie, that looks REAL nice, the hood lines up way better than I could ever expect, and I like how you got the hood painted, instead of leaving it as-is...if only that scoop was functional now...

edit - and do you run the camaro at the atlanta drag strip? I've been needing to run down there someday to race because I run in bristol, TN, and the track absolutely sucks :( ...the camaro is nice too, but that's a given ;)

The scoop is functional to an extent. It keeps the under hood temps down and brings fresh air into the engine bay. If you are talking funtionality as ram air, then your right, it would be nice to have. Everyone says that it wouldnt help that much on a boosted engine, but hey every little helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
That balt looks great! I love the tint, and that hood looks like it belongs on that car.. Not a bad Camaro either.

I'm envious!

88DT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
I want to get one so bad, im just not sure about it not having a water baffle. Water can just run into your engine when it is raining?? What if you have a CAI?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CobaltGuy said:
I want to get one so bad, im just not sure about it not having a water baffle. Water can just run into your engine when it is raining?? What if you have a CAI?

Yea water can get in if it is raining. The CAI for these cars is in the fender well so I wouldnt be too worried about that getting wet, just the electronics under the hood, plus it would be real hard to keep it clean under there if rain was exposed to it all the time. If you had a header that wasnt coated it would probably rust over. For someone who wanted one, and there car is a daily driver, then you could just tape it up (from the backside) when it rains with some black duct tape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ChEvYNC said:
Very nice, were did you get the hood?

johnz

Got the hood from one of our sponsors, Rev-it-Up Motorsports
www.revitupmotorsports.net
It was carbon fiber to start with like the one the show on there website I just chose to paint mine. If you like the CF look, then the finish on the CF is EXCELLENT, very nice, smooth, glossy finish. It also weighs only half as much as the stock hood. A 16-17 pound saving!!!!!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top