Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just picked it up yesterday, as of right now I have 270miles on her.

My super slow GTO just wasn't enough.

Anyone here ride?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I don't ride. I've always wanted to start but I'm not mature enough to control my speed habit. I'll be the first to admit it.

However, I love the GSXR's, except for the stubby exhaust!

A good friend of mine rides an '06 636. A few other riders said they love, either the gearing or the torque better on the 636, but say their GSXR's are a little more nimble in the corners.

Nice purchase! Hopefully you got gear to go with it. No need for more squids out there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a decent deal too.

The bike had a original sticker of $8,800 I paid $7,900 I also got the matching GSX-R SHOEI helmet for $200.

I had all of the other stuff from when I had my CBR.

I actually rode the new CBR 600RR and a buddies 636 the RR is much improved for 07 but lists at $9,500, the 636 felt like it had little more midrange but I never liked Ninjas. Hell I was die hard Honda but the GSX-R's seat height was more appealing.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I myself think I got a hell of a deal also.

The bike had a original sticker of $8,700 I paid $8,000 I also got the matching GSX-R SHOEI helmet for $200.

I had all of the other stuff from when I had my CBR.

I actually rode the new CBR 600RR and a buddies 636 the RR is much improved for 07 but lists at $9,500, the 636 felt like it had little more midrange but I never liked Ninjas. Hell I was die hard Honda but the GSX-R's seat height was more appealing.
I can't really comment on pricing. I'm not sure what the guys pay on the other forum I'm on. If you're on sportbikeworld or something like that forum, the guys I know go by, ghost, eEjeremy, Nexus or Nex, Kegs, Smirkingsoap, Applejacks and a few others.

I don't know. The bikes that a ridden on the forum I'm on are:
'04 636
'06 636
'03 GSX'R 650
'05 GSX'R 750(I believe)
'07 GSX'R 600(black, just like yours.)
'05 GSX'R 1000(Blue and White color scheme)
'07 CBR 600RR
'05 SV650
'06 SV(I think?)

I love watching them talk about their bikes and take pictures and such. I'm very "envious" of some of them. I just couldn't trust myself.

There is quite the variety. There is even a guy with an older Cafe Racer or something like that, that he is restoring. Pretty badass.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
sounds good, but im 6'4"... presents a problem.
You tall mofo! lol

You just need to sit on some bikes! If I'm not mistake the 600RR wouldn't be a bike for you. The croch in the bike is low. Therefor catering to shorter people or people with shorter legs.

Go look at a 750. Or don't. lol

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
You tall mofo! lol

You just need to sit on some bikes! If I'm not mistake the 600RR wouldn't be a bike for you. The croch in the bike is low. Therefor catering to shorter people or people with shorter legs.

Go look at a 750. Or don't. lol
the gsxr 600, 750 and 1000 all use the same frame. the motor is different(obvious), the only real change is the suspension set up. i used to work at yamaha and suzuki dealership and most of the guys raced there.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
nice purchase. for you taller guys, you should at an older zx11, cbr1100 blackhawk, or gsxr1300 hayabusa or zx12-14. bigger power but frames are bigger too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about you leave this thread?

I could post a picture of many things including my name on the damn title but you know what?

I have nothing to prove to you asshole.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Here is another pic I took the same day.

By the way wasey if you aren't IP banned from the .net take a look at my gallery there. Isn't it nice that I took a picture of all of my vehicles in the same spot.;)

Damn I need to get rid of that long fender.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts

By the way wasey if you aren't IP banned from the .net take a look at my gallery there. Isn't it nice that I took a picture of all of my vehicles in the same spot.;)

Nice! Yea, the fenders NEVER bothered me, but it seems like everyone who rides, has to have a fender eliminator ordered upon two weeks after owning the bike. lol

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

Isn't it nice there is still squat that proves anything you have BSed about??? Wow pictures taken from the same place, whats to stop you from taken pics from a guy that does have all those cars, maybe YOUR FATHER!

I have taken a pic that proves my car.:D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts