Cobalts SS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I got some new toys for the 'Balt and thought I would share them with you guys....

New wheels

New wheels close-up

New headunit

New headunit playing my IPOD

The headunits aren't hard to put in. I have wired a few in the past but they have been on older cars. I even kept my steering wheel controls and got it to play DVD's while driving. As well as playing my IPOD (really easy one wire hookup).......

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS! I still have Sportlines in the trunk waiting to go on. I will take more pics when I get them installed...:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
looks awesome man. love the headunit what brand is it? and also the song that u were playing when u took the pic. 10 years - Wasteland. is an awesome song if i do say so myself :) Acoustic version is great too.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Thats an Alpine double din unit... nice choice... only thing is is that it doesnt have at least 4V preouts but you dont really NEED that... w/ Alpine to get 4V preouts I think you have to get like a $1.2K head unit... a lil ridiculous... but that one is DOPE! Nice choice on the wheels AND the headunit buddy!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
lookin good. i have worried about an aftermarket head unit because i would hate to loose the steering wheel controls. but sounds like that wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
howd u put the pics on a post or even on ur signature???

but that shit does look tight man nice bro

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the props guys!

The headunit is an Alpine IVA-W200

Wheels are ICW Jet 18x7.5

I got a pretty good deal on the headunit from one of the guys on .net. $700....

No navigation YET...;) I plan on getting an Alpine Blackbird and hooking it up to the headunit. That way I can watch a movie and navigate and drive and talk on my cellphone all at the same time!! :eek: Just kidding I would never do such a thing.....

For those of you looking to hook up the steering wheel controls.... Its EASY!! A few wires using a module (PAC<--- brand!!) is all it took. Along with a few minutes programming it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cpraider12 said:
howd u put the pics on a post or even on ur signature???

but that shit does look tight man nice bro
THANKS!

The easiest way is to put the images online (photobucket.com is what I used).....

Then just right click and copy photobuckets text for IMG and paste it into your message....

·
Registered
385 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
For those of you looking to hook up the steering wheel controls.... Its EASY!! A few wires using a module (PAC<--- brand!!) is all it took. Along with a few minutes programming it.
Link? How much?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Harley said:
Link? How much?
http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp

I got mine from Crutchfield for about $60. You have to have a wired remote input on the back OR I think you can hook it up if you have a wireless remote by wiring in an infrared transmitter.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts