Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's disreguard the fact I have a SRT-4:

I got to climb all thru a Red SS/SC last week and here's my opinion.

I honestly feel the SS looks better than my car in a few areas. The fact it's a coupe puts it out past a lot of cars out there and it's still decently easy to access the rear seats.

Good stuff first: The interior is definately pleasing to the eye, I was really suprised. The seats have slightly raised bolster's. Enough to hold you still and not enough to make the big guys uncomfortable. (SRT has very selective seats) As for the engine compartment, it's plain and simple. Here's your engine and S/C. No plastic covering everything. All in all, the car looks very good. I'm just waiting to go for a ride.....

Now for the bad: I'm not to fond of the wing in the back. I know it's there to appeal to the "fast and furious" crowd, but damn. I'm really not liking the chrome trimming on the gauge cluster. I could see it bothering me while driving, but I'm not a "bling-bling" guy. And last, but not least, the wheels. I like the fact Chevy is pushing 18's on a compact, but in person, they look almost plastic. They have no real design. No curves, no nothing. I feel Chevy was slacking in this department.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

-Jack

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
plainnsimple said:

Good stuff first: The interior is definately pleasing to the eye, I was really suprised. The seats have slightly raised bolster's. Enough to hold you still and not enough to make the big guys uncomfortable. (SRT has very selective seats)

uuh..:confused:

as for the rims, everyone should know that the 18's MIGHT slow it down... just get some 17's that are way lighter and BAM, you're set :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
plainnsimple said:

I got to climb all thru a Red SS/SC last week and here's my opinion.

I honestly feel the SS looks better than my car in a few areas. The fact it's a coupe puts it out past a lot of cars out there and it's still decently easy to access the rear seats.

Good stuff first: The interior is definately pleasing to the eye, I was really suprised. The seats have slightly raised bolster's. Enough to hold you still and not enough to make the big guys uncomfortable. (SRT has very selective seats) As for the engine compartment, it's plain and simple. Here's your engine and S/C. No plastic covering everything. All in all, the car looks very good. I'm just waiting to go for a ride.....

Now for the bad: I'm not to fond of the wing in the back. I know it's there to appeal to the "fast and furious" crowd, but damn. I'm really not liking the chrome trimming on the gauge cluster. I could see it bothering me while driving, but I'm not a "bling-bling" guy. And last, but not least, the wheels. I like the fact Chevy is pushing 18's on a compact, but in person, they look almost plastic. They have no real design. No curves, no nothing. I feel Chevy was slacking in this department.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

-Jack
I know what you mean about the seats in the SRT-4, my buddies seats are a lil tight on me and im a pretty normal sized guy. But I like em like that, they really held me in place!!!!

Oh and thanks for giving a mature opinion, its nice to have people act like adults instead of saying stupid stuff like "enjoy your interior while I enjoy my gobs of torque". Yeah, somebody actually said that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts