Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble w/ their cd players? I just got the regular one but every once and a while it'll say error and will only play the radio. Then I can't get my cd out. I read in the owners manual that it would have the tendency to malfunction in the heat, but at night time here in Houston its bouncing back and forth from 65 to 40 degrees. And even in the day time it mostly only reaches about 75! I was just gonna get a after market h/u but I don't know if the same thing will happen. It happens about once a month and is more a annoyance than anything else. But does anyone know if its a defect w/ just the radio, or is it something else.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine and its almost always warmer than 75. Only thing that annoys me about mine is it takes awhile to start playing the cd once I put it in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
cd issues

beleive it or not, there may be a re-program available for your radio. but you will have to go to your dealer to find out. we have the exact same complaints from customers about their radios in their new truck "cd won't play/error display/can't eject cd" at first we were replacing the radios/cd players but then gm came out with a re-program and it actually works. don't know for sure if there is a re-program for the cobalt radio, but your dealer will be able to know by checking. anyways, just thought i'd let you know. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
before you go to the dealer, check your CD..cause I know with mine if the CD is scratched too much it wont play it. But the CD will play in other players

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. The cd isn't scratched. It will play in the cd player but if I turn off the ignition for any amount of time it will do that and then it will just spit the cd out on its own. I think I'm going to ask the dealer about the re-programer. Thanx. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah my step dad had the same problem with his truck. Whenever it happend we just pull the Fuse out and put it back in. But thats just a quick fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts