Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys heres an update...lowered on h&r springs, waxed, and polished the wheels....and if you havent seen her before i edited this....headlights painted black, calipers painted yellow, waiting for black smoke paint to come in to black out tails and rear side turn, and black decal overlays for the ss emblems im still waitin for too....next on list window tint

right after i waxed her,

and close up on polished wheels

·
Registered
102 Posts
like it alot, nice car. Clean very clean. WHY DOES HE GET WHITE FACE GAUGES AND THE SSSC GETS BLACK FACE, that pisses me off!?!?!?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thanks for all the comments guys...but ive got some more pics to post tomorrow after i wash n wax her, i painted the backs of the headlights black and painted the calipers yellow...tryin to go with the black n yellow theme

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i took the headlights apart with a hairdryer and marked off the areas i didnt want to be painted with tape and spray painted them, and the calipers i just bought dupli-color caliper paint from advanced autoparts and painted them myself.....i got the idea from this thread..check it out.... http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3327 <---that link is for the headlights that i got the idea from and this next one is for the calipers its located in the how to board.... http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3373

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont understand....148 views but only 7 replys...and two of the 7 are mine....gosh...i know its nothing super fantastic...but you gotta admit that is a pretty sexy pic of my car on that bridge with the sun shining through the clouds...so wheres all the comments

·
Registered
102 Posts
can't wait to see it lowered. looks good although I love the chevy badge and wouldve kept it, taken off cobalt and kept SS

·
Registered
718 Posts
Im sure ppl love your car theyre just lazy...anyways i have the ss/non-sc too and i looked at a yellow one b4 i got mine (black) and i wouldve have got it if werent an automatic...but i love the yellow and the calipers look great...you need to get a rlly dark tint (like 5% maybe)...the contrast of the black to the yellow would look amazing but i rlly love your car you've done a great job and the lowering is gunna make it look even better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i like what u did with the headlights, i wanted to see what it looked like with black painted headlights on a yellow car cuz my SS SC is yellow, i think u sold me on black, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gretty_d said:
Love it, but what is with the cloth interior? I though the non SC had leather or is it an option? Mine has leather.
yea unfortunalty its an option....i wanted leather soooo badd you dont even know....but if i wanted the leather int. with manual trany i had to get that ugly ass purple SS non sc......so yellow it was with the cloth int. but ive got plans to upgrade to the sc color matched leather seats sometime down the road...im more interested in getting the suspension set up right for road racing, my father used to race scca and he always said it doesnt matter how much power you have if you cant get through the corner the power is no use so im gonna fix up the suspension first with a few parts from cobalt-addiction.com but thanx everyone for the comments ill keep ya posted...springs will be here wed. and im off so hopefully ill have it lowered by then

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is aarons roommate, the pics were taken at the apartments off of reames rd. Auston Woods to be exact.. right by the new mall. I see youre in huntersville, aaron is looking for local cobalt owners.. shoot him a PM!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts