Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever have a really productive day and decide to treat yourself to a pizza and a beer and on the way home you think the turn around is further away and you hit a pole smack dab right in the center of your car and launch it 4 feet in the air. Well next time, I'm ordering in.

The front end looks like I went up a drive way to quickly, but everything underneath the car got full contact with a 15 foot 6 inch diameter pole down the entire length of the car. The radiator is about 6 inches further back then where it should be. So everthing between there and the engine is destroyed. There is a big gapping hole in the oil pan. And I am pretty sure the ENTIRE suspension system is shot. Oh and only one tire is blown out. I just went shopping for new ones yesterday too. Good thing I didn't buy any.

But no use crying over spilled milk. This will be a good chance to see how Esurance handles thier claims. Oh and I think I am ok personally and physically. The adrenaline is wearing off and my back hurts a bit. We'll see how I feel in the morning I guess.

Any one ever deal with esurance by the way???

·
Registered
273 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear. Good your OK.

Im kinda confused by this turnaround/15ft pole and how you managed to hit one. Got any damage pics?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I ussually take my camera with me everywhere too. I'll take some pics tmrw. BAsically I am damn idiot and wasn't watching what I was doing. I looked over at the place I wanted to go to, started to merge and thought it was longer than it was for the turn lane. I'll take pics. It will make more sence. But again, I'm a dumb ass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Damn dave glad your O.K. Sure hope everything works out well the the Insurance company...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It looks very fixable. I've been working in rental cars for many years and see this kind of stuff all the time. That looks almost like nothing. You should be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts