Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up gang my first race story here I'm new but read everything and try to reply to anything I can help with. Well I figured I tell everyone about my race storys with my new SS/SC.

First race I had was against a GTP Supercharged. We went from a dig the first light we stoped at I didn't even know we were racing. He took off I heard him peel out and take off I didn't even bother till I noticed the emblems. So I double clutched second and started to catch up with him well by time I caught him we were coming up on another light. I had my girl in the car and he had his so it evened out. Well I know these lights so I know exactly when to lauch and I lauch at 2700rpms. I spun a lil but caught traction near the end of 1st and then jerked it down into second I shift really fast and hard. Well by time I get into second I was ahead a good distance and kept gainin and then into third and still going at the end I had about a bus and half lenth on him.

I've also raced a Turbo Integra B18 4 door and left in sitting but that was from a sencond gear roll.

Closest race I've had was against a Porche Carrio or what ever there called we were at a light and he was in front this was after my exhaust. I heard him rev it up it was so cute. It was a 2 seater convertible. Since I was behind him I had to wait for him to lauch and then I went about a second after him I stayed right on his rear the whole way though traffic we were doing close to 140. when we had to stop for a light. I pulled up beside him and reved and was goin to race again I the light turned green and I took off but he didn't either he stalled or he just didn't want to race anymore but he didn't move from where he was for about 3 seconds.

Sorry for writting so much but I figuar I would share with everyone. I have a 2002 Mustang GT that wants to run me this week end and some dude with a black SRT. They will have to wait cuz I 'm goin to Atlanta this week end for NOPI. Maybe ya'll will see me lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
utmss said:
So I double clutched second and started to catch up with him well by time I caught him we were coming up on another light.
Why the hell would you double clutch with a modern synchromesh transmission? Do you even know what double clutching is and why it used to be required?

Have you been racing parked cars again?

A bus and a half lead on a GTP by the end of third gear.....well if this happened outside of dreamland, and I will give you the benefit of the doubt, he was not racing. Also launching a CSS at 2700 and only spinning a lil? And then, after your 'little' bit of spinning, you caught traction right before second gear and right after shifting, found yourself "ahead a good distance and kept gainin" So you spun all of first gear, then by virtue of your lightening fast and hard shifting ability leaped ahead of the GTP. Leaped well ahead. The worst performing GTP model is a low 15 second car (15.2 was the worst number I could find), but your magical CSS pulled a bus and a half (80ish feet, or 5 car lengths) by the end of third gear. WOW! You must have the fastest stock freak Cobalt ever. Or, maybe, just maybe, you were in a race of one.

I would say that most everyone embellishes their racing stories a bit, but you have elevated the art of yarn spinning to unheard of heights. Bravo.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
if he means the Porsche Carrera then this is a definate BS story, since they run 0 - 60 in the sub 5 second rage. the only porshes that we can fight in an ss/sc would be the boxter since it posts similar times.

the launch he pulled on the gtp though around 3000 rpms... that's right where i launch and it has given me best results. i hold it at about 3k rpm, feather the clutch and then WOT. i beat a gs-t eclipse by 3-4 car lengths on a 0 - 140 mph race, doing that. although that still doesn't change the fact that pulling a bus length on a gtp by the end of third. last i checked gtp's were running right along us (if not faster, especially with a larger aftermarket).

and, lastly, i can't wait til you get back and brag about how you "beat one of them srt's by 5 car lengths", and how you pulled on the mustang while spinning through first gear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
DigDug said:
Why the hell would you double clutch with a modern synchromesh transmission? Do you even know what double clutching is and why it used to be required?
At first I was thinking the same thing, I was expecting him to mention doing that during the race but sense he didn't I assume he know's what he's doing.

I would guess he was in 3rd or 4th and double clutched the drop to second. Witch I could see doing although it's probable not nessisary, it wouldn't hurt. With my car if I want to drop it into first rolling a quick double clutch and it'll go in nice and smooth. I'll do it for 2nd if it seems like it doesn't want to slide right in, instead of forcing it a quick rev and it'll go right in. I guess I'm just used to driveing cars with crap trannies though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
seems like he ran into a porsche driver who likes to drive fast but most porsche drivers dont care about drag racing ...Ive had a carrera have some fun with me but I know he would never race me at a light ...its depressing when your givving it everything and you see the auto spoiler raise as they dissapear down the road

as for the GTP I think they run about a 15.2 so i don't doubt you beat him but by the account of your farytail it didnt go down like you say

·
Registered
345 Posts
Haters!

You know, I don't understand why all of you guys have to be haters... YOU WEREN'T THERE, SO YOU DON'T KNOW. There are many different things that CAN happen and just because someone drives a faster car doesn't mean they know how to drive it... Why can't you just say "good kills" and be on with it instead of making some big ass deal trying to call the person out? I think y'all need to lay off the haterade. Just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
c7015 said:
seems like he ran into a porsche driver who likes to drive fast but most porsche drivers dont care about drag racing ...Ive had a carrera have some fun with me but I know he would never race me at a light ...its depressing when your givving it everything and you see the auto spoiler raise as they dissapear down the road

as for the GTP I think they run about a 15.2 so i don't doubt you beat him but by the account of your farytail it didnt go down like you say
yeah, i just looked it up they run about a 15 in the quarter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if this is his girlfriend. I could understand not knowing how to drive a car, but a Carrera will beat a Cobalt even with a bad driver. He also ruined his credibility when he said he double shifted...watching a lil too much Fast and Furious there Paul Walker.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Heather said:
You know, I don't understand why all of you guys have to be haters... YOU WEREN'T THERE, SO YOU DON'T KNOW. There are many different things that CAN happen and just because someone drives a faster car doesn't mean they know how to drive it... Why can't you just say "good kills" and be on with it instead of making some big ass deal trying to call the person out? I think y'all need to lay off the haterade. Just my 2 cents ;)
the reason we jump on the BS wagon is becuase we don't want this site to turn into one giant war stories. it's annoying for the most part when people come here and post "kills" that are hardly accurate. now if someone has a respectable kill then we will give props, however when we smell that somethings not right, we open our mouths to defend this site. mostly we don't want people ranting thinking that their car is gods gift to man.

also, there is no way he kept up with a porsche carrera, the porsche (if there was one at all) that he was tailling was most likely a regular boxster... and frankly they are not worth the money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Heather said:
becasue when cobalt ss guys say they ran with porsche's and hung with them it makes us look bad as a whole I would rather our car not be the joke of the car comunity

·
Registered
345 Posts
First off, I am NOT his girlfriend, I don't even know the person... I just hate seeing everyone be so negative. So what if he didn't really do it! Just because he said he beat someone in a fast car isn't going to make the Cobalt community look "bad". What turns people off to the Cobalt community are haters who just can't say "good kill". That's what makes me not like the cobalt community. I see the cobalt community quickly becoming just like SRT-4 community. The Cobalt is a quick little car and YES I know we can be beat by several other cars... but damn chill out... i'm suprised anyone ever shares anything any more with people like y'all critizing every single word they type. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well im a little surprised at the Gtp race those cars can run a low 15 high 14 more consistanly than us because of the auto tran so how did you run him down? If you said "i caught him at 110 or 120" maybe but if he leaves the line first thats it race is over. your not catcing a car that runs similar times to you that easily if at all.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Heather said:
First off, I am NOT his girlfriend, I don't even know the person... I just hate seeing everyone be so negative. So what if he didn't really do it! Just because he said he beat someone in a fast car isn't going to make the Cobalt community look "bad". What turns people off to the Cobalt community are haters who just can't say "good kill". That's what makes me not like the cobalt community. I see the cobalt community quickly becoming just like SRT-4 community. The Cobalt is a quick little car and YES I know we can be beat by several other cars... but damn chill out... i'm suprised anyone ever shares anything any more with people like y'all critizing every single word they type. ;)
we're trying to prevent this site from becoming another srtforums. it would be nice if everyone told the truth over the internet, but that's not gonna happen. the best thing to do is discourage it, and what better way to discourage it by cutting that person down. and yes, people saying they hang with carreras and such do make a bad image for the rest of us. like the srt guys (alot of them are nice) it's the a-holes who ruin it for the rest of us. if a bunch of cobalt ss guys go around bragging like they have the best car ever then other people get the mentality that all cobalt drivers are just like that. it's aggravating to say the least.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ight guys first off let me state that I know what I did. With the Porche I stayed right behind him the whole way we went around a curve and had to swirve though traffic. With the GTP By double clutching I don't mean what you think I was already out of first cause I pulled out slow and then went to second I thought it was a regular Grand Prix and then I noticed so instead of going down into 1st and being in it and wasting time I was two low in 2 as far as RPM's to just gun it I would have fell flat on my face.
So I pushed in the clutched layed it to it and dropped the clutch spun and got the jump i need to get into the right rpms for 2nd. When we raced I out ran him I don't know by how much and it don't much matter, but I could not see him in my rear view cause of the dang wing. I could see him out off my passenger side and he was far back. Any thing could have happened to him but he was ready to race at the line I know what I saw and I wouldn't get on here and knock anyone for saying they beat anything no matter what. If you don't believe me then keep it to yourself but I'll have my time after I come back from Nopi and I will have the video and the slip to prove what I can do in my SS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Darksun280 said:
Well im a little surprised at the Gtp race those cars can run a low 15 high 14 more consistanly than us because of the auto tran so how did you run him down? If you said "i caught him at 110 or 120" maybe but if he leaves the line first thats it race is over. your not catcing a car that runs similar times to you that easily if at all.

The first time he took off I caught him cause he slowed down and we caught the next light. I also don't like everyone running on me with out asking questions or know what exatly I did do. The Porche left me from the light but because the traffic population you had to jump from lane to lane. I know the Porche could beat me. I'm not a big head or an idiot but he didn't leave me either. Oh and if I go out on the steet in a Mustang that runs high 10's and race a dude for money and he has a stock SS or what ever and I miss a gear, stall out, break an axle, or fall asleep at the wheel before the race I still lost and lose the bet. If you go to race line up pull out get all over 1st gear and then change your mind about racing then you lost don't mean your not as fast or couldn't win it just means that you didn't. Oh and for who ever made the crack about F&F Paul Walker. Once again ask before you crack I can't stand that movie cause they don't know what there talkin bout for the most part. Also because I was doing this way before the movie came out and ever since there hasn't been nothing but pricks and wanna be's out the wood works. But if this is how it's goin to be just let me know I'll delete my account and I'm out. Cause I'm a grown ass man and I ain't argue about something I know happened over no kind of text messaging bull crap. Just remember who started talking trash though I was just tring to introduce myself guess I should have raced an S-10 and bragged about. Last time I checked Cobalts stock ran low 14's for some people and if the GTP is Low 15's thats a lot of distance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
"Cause I'm a grown ass man and I ain't argue about something I know happened over no kind of text messaging bull crap"

for a "grown ass man" you sound allot like a teen, I will take you up on your offer to delete your account ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
ah....so by your clarification we establish a few things. First, you have no idea what the term double clutching means. So stop using it as it makes you look dumb. Second, your definition of a 'bus and a half lead' means anything behind you when you have no idea what the actual distance is. Simple exagerations as I posed in my first post. Would it not have been easier to tell the unaltered truth in your original post? Then you would not have ruined your name on the forum in the first 3 posts. Once you are labeled as a liar, it is hard to redeem yourself.

The rest of the comments from everyone else apply. These people were not racing you. Or, once again, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, the Pontiac backed out well before you did (and with your stupid highway driving at double the speed limit while weaving in and out of traffic, I have no doubt that you push well beyond what a reasonable person would do) That would cover the Porsche as well, they simply did not push their car to 90% of its potential as you did. Being irresponsible on a public street does not make you some sort of superior driver, nor does it make your car into some wonder wagon that eats everything else on the road for breakfast

I do approve (not that you care) of you talking about going to the track to measure your skill and look forward to the timeslips that you promise.

10 years from now, you will look back at that sort of driving and cringe at the memory. Hopefully nobody ever gets hurt because of you.

You will wise up eventually, everyone does. I don't know anyone who has not done something stupid behind the wheel when they are young, but they learn with age or when they cause themselves or another harm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DigDug said:
ah....so by your clarification we establish a few things. First, you have no idea what the term double clutching means. So stop using it as it makes you look dumb.
You know this forum is here for everyone to help each other and if I don't know what double clutching is then you need to not be an ass and explain it but what I did I call double clutching if I wanted to call it the POKA iwould call it that what ever you want to call it it works. It's all right though the whole time I've read this thread I don't ever recall you ever saying anything constructive or helpful. I'm 21 by the way I pay all my bills don't depend on no one but myself and been doing since I was 18 I pay my insurance and take responsibilty for my actions if I kill myself racing then I'll die doing what I love to do. And if you all are what you want to call mature adults then don't you have a kid or something to be doing around your house like helping your wife if you got one. But as far as that goes if your what I have forward to growng older and being I hope I do wreck and die other than being a "INTERNET FORUM BULLY". Don't worry bout me though and my pics and video and time I got two camcorders and two digital cameras that I'll have with me. Plus video of the trip in which I know I'll get in a few good races going that way seein as how I got about 30 people and we all going. Group in which includes about every model care you can think of ever tuning from GT to a Del Sol. So I'm sure we'll all have some tickets by the time we get home cause we live for this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts