Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I LOVE your headlights! Are those the ones you retro'd the HIDs to?
How difficult do you think it would be for the SS headlights??

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
I LOVE your headlights! Are those the ones you retro'd the HIDs to?
How difficult do you think it would be for the SS headlights??

Yup, those are the TL's I retoed in there. Not sure how difficult the Cobalt would be. I'm sure its much easier than the route us 03+ neon owners have to do. Our stock headlights can't be opened so we have to resort to buying a set of DEPO oem replacements (from Modern Performance ofcourse ;) ) just to be able to open them up. I custom made my enclosure and ditched the stock reflector for mounting simply because it was not enough room. I made my own housing out of ABS and also masked off some of the chrome trim areas on the headlight bezel to help blend the black/chrome look together. Ever since I made this style, I've had my hands busy doing them for srtforums members. I use my car as the testing/aiming mule so everything is how it is supposed to be and aligned correctly.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Ummm... Where is the 'drueling' smilie? :) LoL

awesome car man! I was never a big fan of them but being part of this forum really opened my eyes!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words!

hookdupdelsol, its good your opening your eyes to SRTs. Not all of us are little kids with BIG egos like some of the SRT owners that ruined the paved road for the rest of us. There are a few in every car group out there that give the rest of the group a bad name or rep. I respect alot of different models and makes. These cars are a ton of fun and can be made fast for next to nothing $$$-wise thanks to the support of the aftermarket. Hopefully the SS will get the attention it deserves from the aftermarket too so it too can florish in a sea of options and routes to take to get you to the goal you want the car to be at.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SS4ME said:
What do you guys mean when you call your Neon a skittle?
skittle=street slang for SRT4. The LS1 guys kinda brought that out and alot of us just took it and ran with it. Mainly because we are small multi-colored cars I guess. :rolleyes: i have no problems calling my neon a skittle, SRT or a neon. All of them fit the bill hehe :)

labelkills98 said:
i own a cobalt ss and even though SS's and SRT-4's are becoming rivals, i still think srt-4s are bad ass. and i think yours looks amazing.
I don't realy consider them rivals, to me they are more like domestic partners in crime ;)

Thanks for the kind words though!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks real sharp!..will be even better when ur done dressing it up. On the subarus headlamps, you could get them apart, but you had to put them in the oven at like 150 - 200 deg for a few minutes to get the lens to separate from the housing. :p

What kind of turbo are you upgrading to?

·
Registered
543 Posts
here are a few of my lil' skittle also.
I love those projectors OJ, hacknslash does an awesome job.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
i realyl dont care for the srts.. but orange juice.. i love your headlights and rims.. looks really sharp.. also love the color

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WRicerX said:
Looks real sharp!..will be even better when ur done dressing it up. On the subarus headlamps, you could get them apart, but you had to put them in the oven at like 150 - 200 deg for a few minutes to get the lens to separate from the housing. :p

What kind of turbo are you upgrading to?
Yeah, I know all about the oven tricks. Thats how I have opened all the headlights I've done over the years. The problem with the 03+ stock neon headlights made by Valeo is that the sealant they used to bond the clear outer lens to the housing is a one time use kinda sealant. You have to cut it to break the lens free from the housing and then your left sratching your head on how your going to be able to afix it back together and stay there without falling off lol. That why we have to buy oem replacements made by DEPO that uses a soft sealant like most headlights have that can be opened and sealed time after time via heat.

I'm going with AGP t3/t04 50 trim .63 A/R housing with SAFC, return fuel line, CM clutch, blah blah blah. I'll tune with my wideband and should sit around 400+whp on conservative tune with around 23 psi. I will also be running meth/water injection for those time I want to crank up the boost to 28psi or so :D

mm_omega2 said:
I love those projectors OJ, hacknslash does an awesome job.
Thanks and BTW, I am haknslash. I just chose a different name for this forum ;)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
man I love that color. They had one at the dealership yesterday. I almsot decided I need it until I realized I didnt need more debt I need less. Thats a nice looking car you have there. Now Im jealous.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The interesting thing about this color other than the fact that it changes colors throughout the day depending on lighting is that most guys like the color and most women don't lol. My wife likes the car (until i mash the gas with her in it), but she absolutely hates the color. Maybe thats because she is a die-hard Alabama football fan as am I so its only natural to not like orange due to Auburn university, our biggest rival. My other female friends, well most, don't like the color too. All of ym male friends and most males in general like the orange hues for whatever reason. I just find it odd most females don't like the color orange albeit it a car or a purse :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, I know all about the oven tricks. Thats how I have opened all the headlights I've done over the years. The problem with the 03+ stock......
OK, no biggie, just thought I'd mention it. That's a real b!tch. That's a nice size turbo, good luck with that!

·
Registered
509 Posts
orange juice said:
I don't realy consider them rivals, to me they are more like domestic partners in crime ;)

Thanks for the kind words though!

Im with you on that one... Key word DOMESTIC

1 - 20 of 60 Posts