Cobalts SS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my boy has a 1995 Mustang GT, worked. It has Ford Racing CAI, full exhaust with no cats, March underdrive pulley kit, diablo chip, BBK 75mm throttle body, Granetelli 75mm mass air meter, full KYB suspension, and a Steeda short shifter. Now my Cobalt SS is dead stock and I run right next to him until about 120mph when he starts to pull a little bit....Now I think thats an accomplishment...this little car has some potential when modded.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
alkaline3 said:
Dude, it's a freakin' 10 year old car... I'd expect you to hang
my neighbor has a 78 nova... i'd like to see an srt or cobalt hang with him until he tops out from gearing

age has nothing to do with it lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
selfinfliction said:
my neighbor has a 78 nova... i'd like to see an srt or cobalt hang with him until he tops out from gearing

age has nothing to do with it lol

True that. Or how about running a Grand National? I don't care how old they are, they'll hand out some asskicking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just saying if it's not had any motor work done it'll be getting tired. Figure on 160K+ miles. Just sayin's all ;) The '94 was a beast of a car iirc, really strong motors that year for whatever reason. Meh, maybe I'm just biased... not a huge fan of the few years between the fox body and the "new edge" look

·
Registered
16 Posts
A1RacingSS said:
Ok my boy has a 1995 Mustang GT, worked. It has Ford Racing CAI, full exhaust with no cats, March underdrive pulley kit, diablo chip, BBK 75mm throttle body, Granetelli 75mm mass air meter, full KYB suspension, and a Steeda short shifter. Now my Cobalt SS is dead stock and I run right next to him until about 120mph when he starts to pull a little bit....Now I think thats an accomplishment...this little car has some potential when modded.
How old is your son?

·
Registered
25 Posts
A1RacingSS said:
So he has a mid 14 second car.

CAI=Worthless
Exhaust=10 hp
Pullies=5 hp
Chip=-20 hp probably
75mm TB=-5 hp
Granatelli MAF=Junk probably -10 hp

Good run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts