Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was traveling down the interstate and the speed limit increased so i gave the car a litttle gas and boom. flames shot out the left side and out the exhaust. so now i have a burned up cobalt.

here are a few pics:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually everything was taken off about a month ago when i had warranty work done. so as it sits now its bone stock. officer thinks it was electrical but i should know something hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Man take that insurance money and put it down on a killer car like an Evo or something, But sorry for the loss that sounds scary as hell, you must've just got out in time becuase that thing is scorched.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
that summa bitch was so fast it caught on fire is what happened, sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Another mod to do to my car...fire extinguisher

·
Registered
441 Posts
Damn, that looks bad. Makes me wanna cry, I would feel so bad if that happened to my car. Can I have your taillights??

·
Registered
19 Posts
that nuts dude. Thank god you didnt have a passenger. look at that glovebox!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did have a passenger. as soon as we saw the flame out the left side we pulled over and ran down the interstate. as for the tail lights im still waiting on insurance to finish things up.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
i did have a passenger. as soon as we saw the flame out the left side we pulled over and ran down the interstate. as for the tail lights im still waiting on insurance to finish things up.
You ran away from your new car burning up??? The Cobalts don't have a fuel cut off switch???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
better the car than me. i dont know if they have a fuel cut off or not. but a week before this happened my dipstick popped out and i hadnt had time to take it to the dealer or clean it so i dont think that helped with the fire.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went and test drove a wrx and the only thing i didnt like about it was that it sat up kinda high

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no insurance didnt even ivestigate. they just looked at the car and are figuring up the value of it right now. they said about 18k or 19k but they are gonna bump that up since it is an SS and has the power sunroof and all.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I saw this thread the other day and didn't know what to say. That really sucks. How much do you still owe on your car? Depending on how much money you pocket after paying off the car I would get something faster and sportier. Well, maybe not faster, but sportier would be fun. Say hello Solstice GXP. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts