Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving in our 06 SS/SC that we just got in December, and she got rear ended by a Nissan pickup doing about 25. The deck lid, rear bumper cover and reenforcement are gone, the drivers side quarter panel got crumpeled and the rear body panel is pushed in where the trunk latch is. Its fixable, and the other guys insurance is paying, but my car will be in the shop for a couple weeks. I'm stuck in Chicago with the Navy and it happened in Washington, so I haven't even seen it, she just called to tell me. She is ok, her back and chest are pretty sore. she got some bruises from the seat belt, but shes ok.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
did the bags deploy?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It always seems that when you have something nice you have to guard it with your life, lol. Glad its getting paid for and that your wife is ok.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah she is ok. She is a little sore but she seems to be feeling a little better. The car isn't too bad. Its driveable anyways, at least until they get it in the shop. The airbags didn't deploy, but I'm not sure if they will in a rear collision anyways, the sensors are in the front of the car. It sucks though, the thing only has like 3k miles on it and this happens, its BRAND NEW! Its just frustrating.

Anyways, Chicago sucks. Mostly the weather sucks. I'm actually in Great Lakes at the Navy base. Its been in the single digits for the daily high for the last couple days, with a wind chill well below zero. I know you said not to mention the bitter cold, but that is all that is going on here. I'm just sitting and waiting for orders out of here. I'll be in sunny California in 3 days though! :) Then my wife will come down from Washington as soon as the car gets fixed.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Old thread I know, but couldn't resist with that thread title.

FYI this isn't the first time your wife has been rear ended.:eek: :cool:

jay kay jay kay

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts