Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to be able to add power to my car, that will make it quicker but not cost too much because this is my first car and I ABSOSULTLY LOVE IT. but anyways can any give me a list of how much power it will add and the price just to give me a little advice. And i might need a new clutch. Thanks alot
btw it is a 2006 SS SC red.
iI have seen other things but not really about upgrading SC or what could/should i do to ADD some muscle to my girl.

·
1,087 Posts
What kind of budget do you have?? Im sure if you talk to some of the sponsors, you can get a good deal on some parts for being a member here on the site. But depending on the budget you have, would determine what I would recommend. Its always good to start with the breathing portion of the car (intake, headers and exhaust) on the LSJ (superchaged Cobalts). That will take a lot of stress off the blower. Then would be pulleys, injectors and heat exchanger for the next step. And so on and so forth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of budget do you have?? Im sure if you talk to some of the sponsors, you can get a good deal on some parts for being a member here on the site. But depending on the budget you have, would determine what I would recommend. Its always good to start with the breathing portion of the car (intake, headers and exhaust) on the LSJ (superchaged Cobalts). That will take a lot of stress off the blower. Then would be pulleys, injectors and heat exchanger for the next step. And so on and so forth.
its most likely 3000$ for over the smmer because im going to get a second job to pay for upgrades. So i am just wondering what is good to get and all, and I will most likely change the clutch sometime+catalitic converter($800) needs replacing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I like my supercharger, and i don't wana change anything that big in the car. but i want like 300hp or more

·
1,087 Posts
No I like my supercharger, and i don't wana change anything that big in the car. but i want like 300hp or more
TVS is another blower. On these M62 Eatons superchargers, it is REALLY hard to push anything more than 300hp. That is really their limit. Any more and you are better off investing on a TVS. Spend one time instead of twice. A TVS will give you the opportunity to exceed 300hp.

http://www.modified.com/features/modp-0910-2007-chevrolet-cobalt-ss-supercharged/viewall.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts