Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just got an '06 Cobalt SS Supercharged, and the person that had it before me put a full cat-back on it, and I'm not impressed at all. It's way too loud, even at idle. I think it may be a 3" pipe all the way back. And when you get on it, it's got that ricey rattle sound that's incredibly embarassing! So I'm looking to possibly just replace the muffler itself with a high quality, good, low, smooth rumble sound, that you can barely hear at idle, can sort of hear at maybe 2k-2,500 rpm's, and sounds really good w/ WOT. I've done some research, but I'm just not knowledgable enough for this stuff. I did come across a Magnaflow muffler that had good reviews, but I'm worried if I get one it will still be too loud? I'm not sure the current brand muffler I have now, but it's the circle one, not super cheap but still not high quality. I know this is a pretty vague post, but I'm just reaching out for some comments and suggestions on what you guys would recommend? Here is a link to the muffler I was curious about. Thanks for your help!!

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9303

·
Registered
16 Posts
The ZZP 3" cat back is pretty good too. Very affordable and very well put together and doesn't make a horrible ricey sound even with bigger tubing. It's stainless steel and make sure to get the Magnaflow resonator if you do. Watch youtube videos of it to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts