Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday coming home work in traffic I'm crusing along and I go to upshift from 3rd to 4th when all the sudden my shift is as loose as a goose and will not engage ANY gear! I pull over and check all the linkage connections and are all connected. My friend shows up and pulls up on the shaft on the trans where the cables connect, then I was able to shift into 3rd. After he let go I again had no control of the of the shifts. Had it towed to the dealer and the service advisor now wants me to pay $380 for a tear down so the rep can determine if it was abuse!! I need help because I have no money to pay for this. I am a tech, but have very little experience with trans work. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
i work at a dealership as well, chevy as of now but have worked at ford, nissan, dodge, pontiac gmc and another chevy dealership, and when they say there bringing in a rep to determine abuse your screwed, and with the upgrades you have listed they will know youve been running your car

·
Registered
441 Posts
Umm, yeah. No warranty for you. Sorry. My warranty admin. would throw that out in a second. The shifter and solid mounts are directly related. Not to mention the added power that is not under warranty, with the 2.8 and downpipe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
look on the brite side of things, its just your tranny not your engine, a rebuild cant be more than a grand at a local shop, did you dog on your car a lot? im just curious cause i drive hard but try and baby my tranny as i try to pull the most out the engine, ive noticed it bogs on hard shifts, you really gotta finese your car but its all fun and part of driving a boosted application

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't beat on her too much because there are way too many cops in Jersey and I've had my share of tickets and points before the Cobalt. I have searched and found a dozen people on CobaltSS.net with Roll Pin issues like mine. 10 of them still stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the issue at hand is that YOU are not stock...im sure that they will void your warranty on the spot.sorry dude..there a lot to be said for waiting until warranty expires before modding your car.personally im having a lot of driveline noise,i brought it to my dealer..of course he said that it was 'normal operating/gear mesh noise'im waiting until my 36000 is up before getting crazy...sorry dude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts