Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i need some serious advice, ive been seriously contemplating removing my sc wing and installing a srt4 wing, but i cant seem to get a good visual and dont have the program nor the expertice to photoshop, so i could use some really good advice from you guys and gals, you all have been really helpful in the past so when i have questions i always come back here for advice. heres a pic of my car as it is now (except i have yellow lug nuts now)in case you cant remember exactly. im looking at getting the srt wing in black or painting it to match, let me know which color black or yellow too.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
Keep what you've got. Even if the SRT wing DID look good, it wouldn't look better than what you've got now. I say use that money for something else. Just my $0.02.

But, just remember it's YOUR car and no one else's, so do what you like.
Your $1.00 > anyone's $0.02

·
Registered
367 Posts
RYCobaltSS said:
ok, i need some serious advice, ive been seriously contemplating removing my sc wing and installing a srt4 wing, but i cant seem to get a good visual and dont have the program nor the expertice to photoshop, so i could use some really good advice from you guys and gals, you all have been really helpful in the past so when i have questions i always come back here for advice. heres a pic of my car as it is now (except i have yellow lug nuts now)in case you cant remember exactly. im looking at getting the srt wing in black or painting it to match, let me know which color black or yellow too.
Ill Photochop it for you but i get dibs on your wing if you do it! PM me if you want me to do it or not!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i don't think the srt-4 wing flows right, it's too ovalish for the shape of our rears. i don't think the stock ss/sc wing flows with the lines of the car either, and looks pretty bad. i've been thinking about trying to get a g35 low profile spoiler for my car. i haveto measure my brother's to see if it will fit alright on the trunk tho.

edit: not saying your car looks bad tho. i like the way the yellow and black look. and the center of the wing black makes it look smaller and more fitting to your car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sc wing stays, thanks alot guys appreciate everything, i was thinking the same thing about it being too ovalish and thats why i need someone elses opinion, our car just has too many points and the neon....well lets just say theres a reason why people call it a skittle lol. thanks again guys

·
Registered
190 Posts
hey RYCOBALTSS where did you get those black rims from....trying to get a good looking pair of rims for my orange ss/sc

·
Registered
383 Posts
SSKING said:
get it in yellow,,,,,dont listein to these people that dont want you to because it may look better than there car!
and i was just thinking of that, making my own project ;)
It isn't that people don't want him to because it would look better that "there" car.
It's just that it would not look good at all, and we don't want him to wreck his car.

It's like some unexplainable things I have seen.

Cavaliers with Bretta spoilers on them. Old square gran ams with the new curvy, two-staok spoiler on them. The don't look good, and it is OBVIOUS they came off another car. I HATE that. People think it looks all cool and it sucks. Bad.

Supra wing on a beretta. 3 piece Camaro 3rd gen. kit on, get this - a late 80s Thunderbird. The 2 side pieces just pointed straight frontwards! Some people should not be allowed to do ANYTHING to cars.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ok well can i ask you who painted your rims for you?? because i have no clue on where to get mine painted...my stock rims that is

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
VAboy said:
Hey Rycobalt, I saw you in downtown H-ville on my way to work, you took a right onto Huntersville-Concord road a couple of days ago.
damn dude, you see me all over the place lol.

umm as for who painted my rims, non other than me, myself, and i.....did my roommates wheels too,

if your gonna go all black like me, its easy, just get some tape, (this requires alot of patience)...and tape of the edge of the wheel so you dont paint your tire (if you do its ok, youll just have to get paint thinner to get it off) i was worried about the paint not sticking to the polished part of the wheel so i sprayed 2 coats of primmer first and then 2 coats of black duplicolor paint. if you have any more questions just ask

1 - 16 of 16 Posts