Cobalts SS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
No, I think there's one or two more other Cobalt SS owners here somewhere.
They tend to be kinda quiet. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Capone357 said:
ya ok asshole im probly the only one on here that has an SS S/C.

yeah you're definitely the only one. i own a base neon with SS badges, and an ebay electric supercharger. but hey if no one sees the engine bay, who will ever know :D

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Capone357 said:
ya ok asshole im probly the only one on here that has an SS S/C.
actually, you're probably the only one in the whole world with a cobalt ss s/c. congratulations, you just made a degrading comment towards everyone else on here that owns a cobalt ss. oh, and btw, are you also one of those people who think the ss is the only model of cobalt that exists? cuz the other models are nice, i just wouldn't waste my time or money on an oversized spoiler to make it LOOK like an ss.

also, i can tell EXACTLY how egotistical you are by your incorporation of the "s/c" after ss, and the whole NOT even using "cobalt". are you ashamed that the car you drive is *gasp* a cobalt? and is your inferiority complex so vast that you HAD to throw the "s/c" part in there, just to make sure everyone knew you weren't talking about the 2.4 ss? it's people like you that make me angry, one little joke and you get all defensive and act like you're the most improtant person on these forums. i like to think that we are all equal here, just a bunch of guys (and girls) talking about the stuff that we love... our cars. and regardless, there's always going to be those people that think they and even their car is better than everyone else. it's pointless to argue and name call on a public forum such as this. so i made a stupid joke about an ls cobalt with an ss wing, i just think that that is the type of thing that sets us back. if, that same person had slapped a super/turbocharger on their ls and was runnin 13's, i would want to shake their hand in person. so next time you decide to jump to finger pointing and name-calling, just remember that in the end, this is still just a forum to talk about cars, and that name calling and childish behavior isn't gonna help anyone out with their car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i missed part 1 of .net is gay... who is .net and why is he gay?... and why would there be no one with a cobaltSS here on a web site called cobaltss

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Florida 76 said:
i missed part 1 of .net is gay... who is .net and why is he gay?... and why would there be no one with a cobaltSS here on a web site called cobaltss
this is technically .net is gay part three. and ".net" is www.cobaltss.net the *other* forums for cobalt ss's.

·
Registered
251 Posts
They locked the thread once....let it die...move on. I figure the admins locked it for a reason and the same thing is going to happen with this one. While it's open though here's a few things to think about.

The SS isn't the only model of Cobalt on the road and you'd be surprised what we can accomplish with an $1800 stage 1 turbocharger on our 2.2L engines...a stage 3 would just severly piss you off. Do the research on it...you'll be incredibly surprised. Actually, better idea, pull the SC off your 2.0L and go get your car dyno'd, guranteed it's running 145hp, the same as the base, LS and LT models. The largest difference being the 2.0L and the 2.2L are the components that went into the engine as well as the tuning to prepare it for forced induction. The 2.2L has been tested by GM to be reliable upwards of 300hp...and yes this is published via the GM tuner guides.

There is a reason GM has released tuner guides for the 2.2L Ecotec...they know a large number of us are going to upgrade our engines in one way or another...especially forced induction, and we can push our 2.2L up to nearly 230hp for an additional $2200USD on top of the base price with 0 rebuilds required by the engine, suspension, brake systems, etc. Sure this is stage 3, but a stage 1 turbo is running 60hp gains which brings me up....:eek:...to 205hp, exactly the same as that of the SS. As long as we don't push it greater than 8 - 9 PSI the factory engine components will hold up nicely, and I believe imo this is being conservative. GM is also releasing a bolt-on S/C kit for the non-ss models later this year or early next year which will at least bring us up to the same performance numbers as the 2.4L SS.

I know more than enough SS owners who are impressed with the non-ss models and who realise the full potential of the 2.2L Ecotec. I knew this would happen from time to time and you're not the first regarding the SS model...just because it's faster than ours stock doesn't mean a 2.2L sleeper LT, LS or base (or if you prefer 2006 branding LS, LT, LTZ, SS) couldn't easily run along side SS, SRT-4s, etc...we just need to take the time ourselves to do it as well as wait for the aftermarket to catch up with our ambitions.

Just because we don't own the SS models doesn't mean our cars are worthless pieces of shit...it also doesn't mean we don't know what we're talking about...we may just have a slightly different take on things. In my eyes, Cobalts, SRT-4s, etc. are all extremely well built domestic vehicles and GM and Dodge should be commeneded for their time and effort which was put into these vehicles. I don't see the point of the rivalries and I really hope one day this comes to an end...this bullshit is getting old now.

Permafried-

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i sure hope that wasn't directed at me, perma, i can't wait to see what you guys with the non s/c cobalts get out of your cars, and i hate people who completely write off the other cobalt models probably as much as you do too. anyway, good luck on your build up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
iso said:
i sure hope that wasn't directed at me, perma, i can't wait to see what you guys with the non s/c cobalts get out of your cars, and i hate people who completely write off the other cobalt models probably as much as you do too.
No that definitely wasn't directed at you...I should have quoted the post it was in reply to just to help avoid confusion :)...or at least linked to it since it was on the other thread. It was basically continuing on the the original .net thread where he baically bashed on non-ss owners pretty hard prior to it being locked...so I guess you could say it's directed at anyone, as you put so well, who completely write off the other Cobalt models :).

Sorry about that iso, I'm hoping that anyone who's read the entire thread and gone over your post will know this wasn't directed at you in any way...especially the whole part regarding turbo/supercharging out engines when I addressed just that in my previous post :).

iso said:
anyway, good luck on your build up.
Thanks, I'm definitely going to need it, especially since the aftermarket is still going to take a little longer to really get into full swing. I'm also waiting until next year so I can ask my friend how his SS handled in the winter time before I make my final decision on turbocharging or supercharging my car. I need this one to get around every day which means it also has to be functional in the winter, not just on the dry summer roads and at the track :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, in my opinion, there's just not a "cult" following yet for the CSS/SC like the SRT-4 has. Well, "cult" is being nice, otherwise it's more of a "blood-thirsty savages" thing. :D
Hopefully the crew at GM that designed and built the thing will wander over here and post from time-to-time like the SRT guys do over at another forum.
Or are they already....?

·
Registered
251 Posts
iball said:
Well, in my opinion, there's just not a "cult" following yet for the CSS/SC like the SRT-4 has. Well, "cult" is being nice, otherwise it's more of a "blood-thirsty savages" thing. :D
Hopefully the crew at GM that designed and built the thing will wander over here and post from time-to-time like the SRT guys do over at another forum.
Or are they already....?
I think the SRT-4 "cult" is slow in getting going here since Dodge didn't release the SRT-4 in Canada until last year and up to this point I've only seen literally 2 on the roads, one black and one orange...both of which appeared to be stock but I could be wrong :D. I'm still waiting for the day when I see one running another car down the 401...so far I've only seen them being babied which is unfortunate, at least the one was nice enough to wind up the turbo for me lol :D!

I haven't seen any mention of anyone from GM Performance or from the Cobalt design team posting on any of the Cobalt forums to this point, though they could be and we just don't know it. There has been news of stage upgrades for the SS as well as bolt-ons for the 2.2L trickling out but I'm assuming we won't see anything until after this year's SEMA show if not even later into the year.

It'd be nice though to get GMs take on the Cobalt as well as get an update on what they're planning for the car...Mopar did one hell of a job supporting the SRTs so here's hpoing GM does the same thing with their Cobalts. From looking at the planned parts catalogue they're trying to do just that, it's just taking a while for anyhing to reach the market :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think it's due to GM's "process" for getting things done.
Dodge/MOPAR has a "slimmer" process, and Dieter ran a good show.
I think GM probably committees everything to death and runs by fear-of-failure.
Dodge just has a long history with MOPAR, so they pretty much already have their "upgrade" infrastructure in place already.
I have no idea where GM's going, but it seems weird. First they "select" Gravana for a twin-charging system, then Gravana backs down.
Dodge has MOPAR, what does GM have? I think they seriously need to build an in-house team and take MOPAR straight-on in relation to parts lists, upgrades, and marketing. I mean "GM Performance Parts" (GMPP) sounds too much like "gimp", so I feel they should just come up with a damn good name first, then build everything else out from it. It just looks to me like GM either isn't willing to put the resources into an upgrade program or they're so scared of failure that they can't get anything done correctly. It looks like they are trying to follow Ford, and that's a bad idea. Ford has Saleen and Shelby, among others, and the SVT program. Dodge has MOPAR and the SRT program. Mercedes has their AMG group (or gruppe). BMW has the M team (dum-da-dum-dum! Dum-dum-dum!). Toyota has TRD (sounds like mental disorder, doesn't it?). Mazda has MazdaSpeed (not much thought went into that name). Honda has...well, let's put it this way: there is no end in sight for the fartcan industry.
WTF is GM's? I mean, I've not been following GM at all and haven't looked too much into them, so someone educate me as far as GM's performance program, if they have one. And I'm talking about the whole line-up, not just the Cobalt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.