Cobalts SS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

well he might as well get some ss emblems and tell everyone that's what it is..... looks like we now has "SS' by design" just like the srt guys :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Chuck the Canuck said:
Thats the best cobalt ever!

Maybe yur gay? :eek:
:D :D :D
Extremely funny, now it looks like (o do I dare, hell yes I do) a RSX...hehehe, no body kit, big exhaust, tiny rims, hubbies (whatever) damn that shiznits a joke...chuck has the right idea on this one

·
Registered
251 Posts
iso said:
everyone over a .net thinks this ls cobalt is tiiight... lol
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4805
that's even worse then the n/a 2.4 cobalt ss.
Please don't go around tossing EVERYONE into the bucket...17 replies is hardly everybody. I didn't comment on it because I have nothing to say about it...his car not mine so he can go tossing 300 decals on it if he wants to. You wouldn't catch me putting that spoiler on my LS it's just not my style. It's similar to the recent post regarding the dual exhaust installed on the LS. One poster overreacted again and started saying how that car made him embarassed to own a Cobalt and how 16 year olds shouldn't be fixing up cars. Wait a minute, his money, his car, again...who the hell cares let him go do whatever he wants to the damned thing.

Another thing, what is wrong with the 2.4L SS...is this another one of those "if you don't own an SS your car is a piece of shit" things or am I missing something here?

As for OJs link, again, not EVERYONE over there is an ass and I dont have any "inferiority complexes" last time I checked :). I drive an LS, I like the SS and I like the SRT-4 as do a number of other people. The big problem is the same people are allowed to repeatedly troll the forums which stirs up controversy which....well you get the idea.....it's one vicious circle. It's almost going to inevitably happen on any forums, but it's too bad that you got dumped on when you were being civil and polite in your posts.

One day people will realise the SRT-4 is faster than the SS stock for stock...and maybe...just maybe...some of them will be able to see the positives and negatives of both cars and just get along. They both accomplish what they were designed to do very well and I can't believe more people just can't see that. Until then things aren't going to change :(.

Permafried-

·
Registered
895 Posts
perma, we know there are a few good guys over there, mainly the ones that are also active members here. The rest have a constant chip on their should if I even mention "SRT4". My sig has even brought me controversy over there.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Permafried- said:
Please don't go around tossing EVERYONE into the bucket...17 replies is hardly everybody. I didn't comment on it because I have nothing to say about it...his car not mine so he can go tossing 300 decals on it if he wants to. You wouldn't catch me putting that spoiler on my LS it's just not my style. It's similar to the recent post regarding the dual exhaust installed on the LS. One poster overreacted again and started saying how that car made him embarassed to own a Cobalt and how 16 year olds shouldn't be fixing up cars. Wait a minute, his money, his car, again...who the hell cares let him go do whatever he wants to the damned thing.

Another thing, what is wrong with the 2.4L SS...is this another one of those "if you don't own an SS your car is a piece of shit" things or am I missing something here?

As for OJs link, again, not EVERYONE over there is an ass and I dont have any "inferiority complexes" last time I checked :). I drive an LS, I like the SS and I like the SRT-4 as do a number of other people. The big problem is the same people are allowed to repeatedly troll the forums which stirs up controversy which....well you get the idea.....it's one vicious circle. It's almost going to inevitably happen on any forums, but it's too bad that you got dumped on when you were being civil and polite in your posts.

One day people will realise the SRT-4 is faster than the SS stock for stock...and maybe...just maybe...some of them will be able to see the positives and negatives of both cars and just get along. They both accomplish what they were designed to do very well and I can't believe more people just can't see that. Until then things aren't going to change :(.

Permafried-
Great post Permafried! Well i agree with alot of points you brung up.:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
orange juice said:
perma, we know there are a few good guys over there, mainly the ones that are also active members here. The rest have a constant chip on their should if I even mention "SRT4". My sig has even brought me controversy over there.
That's because they don't understand the car and don't want to take the time to :). I've done my research on both and wish I had the money to buy a 2nd and 3rd car because I'd pick up both the SS and SRT-4. Even in the threads where people attempt to mention SRT-4 and SS owners working together rather than against eachother all hell breaks loose sooner or later and it just goes downhill from there.

I have found lately a lot of the threads are turning into flame wars between a few members about their few mods and it's getting ridiculous. Can't even have a productive thread anymore because it turns from a technical discussion to people who think they know everything and don't posting some random bullshit that makes absolutely no sense. I don't pretend to know more than I do...hell before I bought my LS and started visiting this forum, .net and srtforums.com I didn't know a manifold from a header, but I'm slowly increasing my knowledge from day to day but don't have the urge to post anything because I'm getting tired of know-nothings acting like they're god.

I was happy to see a few of you SRT-4 owners coming around the .net forums and noticed you all of a sudden disappeared...figured it was because of the crap you were putting up with. It's too bad because you had a totally different take on things by owning the SRT-4 but people just didn't want to listen. The unfortunate thing is because of this silly rivalry, I'm not sure if I'll be going to the Mopar show in the coming months in a city a few hours away from me due to the simple fact I'm afraid of the backlash I'd get because I drive a Cobalt even if it's not the SS. I'll probably end up swallowing it and just go because I want to and not worry about it...maybe if a few of us start showing up without a chip on our shoulder it will help smooth things out for others :).

I'm really interested in the SRT-4 and like I said if I had the extra money I'd look into getting one as my tuner car and save my LS for everyday driving (because I love my car as it is)...unfortunately I'm not a millionaire (damn it) and the insurance company figured I was getting the car only to race it and the quote they gave me reflected that. Totally clean record didn't matter, it was still considered high risk :(.

EDIT

87camaroPA said:
Great post Permafried! Well i agree with alot of points you brung up.
Thanks Camaro, I always try to gather my thoughts before posting and keep it structured so people can actually follow what the hell I'm talking about lol. Good to know people appreciate this and I'm not just wasting my time :D.

Permafried-

·
Registered
895 Posts
Capone357 said:
if anything cobaltss.com is gay this site is more LS owners and srt4 assholes at least .net they actually own this car.
Nice to see you cutting down on your own kind. (LS owner remark) :rolleyes:

See, thats whats wrong with you SS fan-bois. You'd rather shit on your own kind then embrace the car as a whole. This will do nothing but segrigate yourselves even more so. You guys are already off to a GREAT start :D

Here's an idea, if you don't like it here............ leave. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.