Cobalts SS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am a new SS/SC owner, What do you guys recommend as the first mods to do. And lets be reasonable..... :)
Thanks for any advice, and also, how do I get at the air filter...............wheel well?????

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i'd do a drop in air filter mod... at least that's what i did first. to get at the air box you have to jack up the front d.s. and take off the weel... then take off the wheel well liner and there's the airbox. if you want to put a new filter in, you have to remove the air box completely, disconnect the MAF, take the air box cover off, take out the old filter, put the new one on (3" inlet... i used a k&n e-1009 filter) drill a hole in the air box to tighten the clamp around the filter. put the airbox back in...reconnect the MAF, put all bolts/screws back in. tighten all clamps. put the liner back in, and put the wheel back on. there ya go... my filter was about 60 bucks, and you can get other filters but i'm not sure which ones. i got the k&n cuz i know they make good filters, and i knew from someone else that the filter would fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts