Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my loaded 2006 SS Sedan (all options but leather and XM). For a famaily car this thing looks hot and is a blast to drive. In fact I forgot how much fun it was to drive...beats my old family minivan :)

Here's a picutre

·
Registered
71 Posts
Certainly not bad. Very cool that it's a stick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
good lookin. The red looks good on the sedan.

·
Registered
188 Posts
GTPsRULE said:
Shoulda got a Mazda 3s instead. And tint on the back and not front looks hideous LOL.

Mazda 3s SUCK !!! You SUCK !!!

Have a nice day :rolleyes:

:p

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just really can't like Mazdas for some reason. I'm a valet, so I drive all sorts of cars. But I don't know. But in regards to the tint, I suppose you've never seen umm...EVERY SUV on the road. They all have rear tint and not front. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got lucky...sort of. The rears were tinted at the dealership before I bought it so they essentially came free. I am going to tint the fronts next.

I have to saw that this car hauls [email protected], especially considering it's a 4 banger sedan. My friend has a 2003 Grand Am with a 3.4L and he thought he could roast me...too bad for him as I genuinely embarrassed him

·
Registered
12 Posts
teluan said:
I got lucky...sort of. The rears were tinted at the dealership before I bought it so they essentially came free. I am going to tint the fronts next.

I have to saw that this car hauls [email protected], especially considering it's a 4 banger sedan. My friend has a 2003 Grand Am with a 3.4L and he thought he could roast me...too bad for him as I genuinely embarrassed him
Nice kill. My wife has an 00 Grand Am GT (slightly faster then a normal Grand Am) and so far, I only beat her by 0.1 sec in the 1/4 mile.

But I think the engine not fully broken in yet... ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
it breaks my heart to see these pretend ss's!!! :(
4 doors. little spoiler. 17" rims. naturally aspirated.
shoulda bought a lt and stuck a drop in filter in it.
it's not really an ss.

·
Banned
50 Posts
No Cobalt is "really an SS". The respectable SS moniker died with the demise of the Camaro, and the true SS died after the 72 Chevelle :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTPsRULE said:
No Cobalt is "really an SS". The respectable SS moniker died with the demise of the Camaro, and the true SS died after the 72 Chevelle :(
GTPsRULE, don't forget that the SS n/a sedan/coupe is not just being compared to the SS Supercharged, but more often to other cars in their class. Now I can not speak to the SS n/a coupe, but the SS n/a sedan is the quickest as far as I can tell in it's class / price point in Canada especially when you factor in the low financing options GM offers.

For slightly more $$ (due to the 6.9%+ financing offers at Toyota, Honda and Mazda versus the 1.4% GM offered me) I could have bought a Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla S, or a Honda Civic sedan, all of which are slower in the 0-60 category. Plus none of them have an MP3 player / 10" sub, and only the Mazda offered 17" rims.

In my opinion, the SS on the Cobalt SS n/a sedan, means more in this case than the Sport, S and Si on the Mazda, Toyota and Honda. Would you not agree?

·
Registered
28 Posts
averagewhiteboy said:
I just really can't like Mazdas for some reason. I'm a valet, so I drive all sorts of cars. But I don't know. But in regards to the tint, I suppose you've never seen umm...EVERY SUV on the road. They all have rear tint and not front. Am I missing something?
i dont know about were your from but thats because you can have any amount of tint and rear windows but the front windows and windshield must meet the states legal percent of light let in... i learned the hard way when my truck only let 30% and the legal was like 65% so they made me take it off :( o well came like that when i bought it so wasnt like i payed for it

·
Banned
50 Posts
teluan said:
In my opinion, the SS on the Cobalt SS n/a sedan, means more in this case than the Sport, S and Si on the Mazda, Toyota and Honda. Would you not agree?
I agree with that statement, although in the same respects any kind of "Sport, S and Si" badging/trim level means very little when compared with what the SS badge used to stand for. Anything can be a "Sport" model, just throw a wing, rims, and some pinstripe on it ;) Hell even GT doesnt mean much nowadays :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts