Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I had to have it towed to the dealer tonight. The shifter poped out of 2nd gear and I could not put it back in gear :(

627 Miles on the car, I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
173 Posts
damn that is odd... I wonder if the shift cable broke? that has been happening on a few of the T/C on css.net...

I am at 3700 miles and no problems yet(knock on wood)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish the engine compartment didn't look so messy on the new ones

·
Registered
2 Posts
yo

did they take the thing thet blocks u from shifting out like it wont go into sec gear .... chevy had a new thing to do that so noone beats on the car and prevents them from shifting into sec... if u look above the tranny u will see a metal square thing thats whats causin you from shift gears....i know this cuz my friend works at the the dealer and he had to do that before i took the car.. its a safety thing...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
did they take the thing thet blocks u from shifting out like it wont go into sec gear .... chevy had a new thing to do that so noone beats on the car and prevents them from shifting into sec... if u look above the tranny u will see a metal square thing thats whats causin you from shift gears....i know this cuz my friend works at the the dealer and he had to do that before i took the car.. its a safety thing...
The square metal thing is actually a counter-balance to help smoother shifting. its on us LSJ's also

·
Registered
89 Posts
its like that on every gear on the SS SC. you cant downshift if its not safe for the car otherwards tryin to downshift when ud be taching out already in the lower gear. learn ur mph to shift points and u wont have that problem. like my second gear takes me to 80 so if im at 81 mph in third i wouldnt downshift to second that wold be bad lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts