Cobalts SS banner

HOW MANY COBALT SS SUPERCHARED CARS HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

• WAS THIS PROBLEM WITH THE 2005 SS

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SC COBALTS ONLY

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Recently Purchaced A 2006 Ss Cobalt, And To My Suprize Have A Nasty Wheel Hop Problem !!! Has Any One Have Any Fixes For This Problem Or Recomendations !!!:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Anybody Believe Everything They Read???

I take it you didnt do any research on your car before buying it.
I HAD A 2006 COBALT LS WITH A 2.2 LITER WITH A DC SPORTS A/M EXHAUST AND A INJEN TUNED INTAKE AND THAT DIDN`T MAKE THE SAME POWER AS THIS CAR BUT IT PEALED THE SKINS OF THE TIRES EASY WITHOUT ANY WHEEL HOP, IS THE MOTOR MOUNTS ON THESE CARS TO WHIMPY? TRANSMISSION MOUNTS TO WHIMPY? DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY HOP UPS OR UPGRADE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I HAD A 2006 COBALT LS WITH A 2.2 LITER WITH A DC SPORTS A/M EXHAUST AND A INJEN TUNED INTAKE AND THAT DIDN`T MAKE THE SAME POWER AS THIS CAR BUT IT PEALED THE SKINS OF THE TIRES EASY WITHOUT ANY WHEEL HOP, IS THE MOTOR MOUNTS ON THESE CARS TO WHIMPY? TRANSMISSION MOUNTS TO WHIMPY? DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY HOP UPS OR UPGRADE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!
jbodyperformance.com for control arm bushings
zzp.com for billet transmission mounts
Bwoody.com for traction bars

Wheelhop solved

or just convert to rear wheel drive. I am:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheel Hop Awnsers?

Thanks For The Suggestions I Check Them Out, You Have Raced This Littlt Demom A Time Or Two!!! Cool I Do A Little Street Racing Not Enough To Call It Racing But Enough To See The Tires Burn!!! Thanks Again, Ill Let You No How It Turns Out! Ron!:)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Ingalls Torque Damper solved all wheel hop on mine. Only 150 bones also. Traction bar for the rear to be installed tonight. WooT! And Be easier on the clutch, your not going anywhere if your spinning...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts