Cobalts SS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got them on yesterday along with an alignment. I got a bigger size thna stock and they loook a lot better and feel better as well. In case you cant see them in the pics they are 235/40/ZR18. Also jsut for fun there is a pic of my Great Dane Pup, he is 6 weeks old. If you click on the images the get bigger.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think he is refering to the short tread life.

Anyhow any sticky tire is going to have poor tread life, especailly if you drive like a hooligan :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it is just the dirt those pics were taken with only 5-6 miles on them, as a matter of fact on the backside of the tire, the sticker is still partially on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was just on tirerack.com...and these tires are the best in it's class, and i have read nothing but good things about them....so how do they perform compared to out stock pirelli's?

oh yeah how much did you pay, on tirerack.com they are only 167 each compared to out pirellis which i think are 200 i think?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silverss said:
I was just on tirerack.com...and these tires are the best in it's class, and i have read nothing but good things about them....so how do they perform compared to out stock pirelli's?

oh yeah how much did you pay, on tirerack.com they are only 167 each compared to out pirellis which i think are 200 i think?
They dont compare!!!!! They are so much better, i went with one size larger tire 235/40/ZR18 WOW :eek: what a difference. There is this articular turn here i take at about 70 mph and it squeeled the pirellis and now i dont even hear a chirp and it just feels a lot better, i guess i need a g-force meter, but the butt meter feels damn good. I paid around 175 a trie, but that is mounted and balanced w/full warranty, i also got a free alignment out of the deal since i spend so much $$$with these guys. They are really great to work with, if you buy the tires there, they will mount them for free and their prices are always within $15-20 of competitiors, but that price is mount balance, and warranty, and a car wash if you want. Very pleased with the service there. If anyone is in Georgia, it is B&L tire here in Newnan .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey your dog is a little cutie, pimp chit. The tires are cool to, but I can't get over the little black dog! Enjoy the little sucker, it won't last long and it will be a monster. :D 90lb cutie sitting here next to me, I love my dog. :DI got a set of kumho ectsa MX's, I love them, nice & soft, perfect for a tractionless bastard like myself. 220 on the treadwear, vs 300 for the stockers, but not to expensive.

·
Registered
364 Posts
thats actually 2 sizes bigger. i thought that 235 wouldnt look good on these wheels but i like it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice. I thought for sure 235/40s would look bulgy on our wheels cause they're only 18x7. But those look pretty good.

How about a pic from down low & a bit farther back?? Wanna see if it makes the stance any better.

Edit: You know.... the more I look at it... I don't think our wheels are 18x7. They must be 7.5 or maybe even 8, cause those tires aren't even supposed to fit on a 7" wheel! And I'm sure if you crammed them on, you'd see bulge...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have returned my camera i used for these pics, but it does give a better stance all around, i was there when the tire were put on, and they all went on real easy except for one <-----that one was on a wheel that has a bend in it from where i ran over something on the interstate. That may have had something to do with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts