Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seen a new eclipse riding down the freeway... i doubt it was broken in at all, but the guy was willing so we did a 50-120~ roll and couldn't do anymore because we ran into traffic.. those things are alot slower than i thought. it was comparable to some of the v6 mustangs i raced... totally un-impressed.. i had a few cars on him when i shut down

those cars are f'n nice looking though. they look so much better in person than in those dumb commercials, and silver makes them look even better. i don't know what type it was, i never seen the badges on the rear of it, that's why this wasn't one of those... "damn i blew this guy away" posts(don't want to brag about beating a slow car lol).... wish i could have seen the interior on it as well.. mitsu did a great job on the body style of those cars

·
Registered
259 Posts
i drove one, str8 garbage... body roll from hell, pos brakes and it feels too small. plus the money they want you can get a way better car. thats just my opinion...

·
Registered
695 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Yeah i think that they are ugly as hell but that is only MO. But yeah.....
yea i personally thing they look kinda funny haha they are too bubbly or soemthing.. needs a spoiler of some sort lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
ugly cars, i seen one onf the freeway this weekend, he didnt want to run at all though. IMO they went for a radical look and really blew it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
One word... Superyuk...

I know its two but I had to put it together! ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I looked at the title of the thread and just started laughing. Slow eclipse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah the new 'clipse is almost as bad of a pile as the 3rd gen GS, GT snd GTS....and thats bad...i think the word "platform" has been all but forgotten by car companies...funny considering the rise of the aftermarket...market

·
Registered
360 Posts
turboknee said:
funny considering the rise of the aftermarket...market
:D

Allow myself to introduce.....myself.
Yeah, I have to agree the Eclipse looks kinda ricer-bubbly. There's a guy over here that turbo'd the hell out of one of the older models and STILL could only manage 14s. Before the engine went.

·
Registered
7 Posts
iball said:
:D

Allow myself to introduce.....myself.
Yeah, I have to agree the Eclipse looks kinda ricer-bubbly. There's a guy over here that turbo'd the hell out of one of the older models and STILL could only manage 14s. Before the engine went.
i've seen you in war stories....no intro needed...do you own a css?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Subtract one model year from your current car and that's what I drive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
selfinfliction said:
seen a new eclipse riding down the freeway... i doubt it was broken in at all, but the guy was willing so we did a 50-120~ roll and couldn't do anymore because we ran into traffic.. those things are alot slower than i thought. it was comparable to some of the v6 mustangs i raced... totally un-impressed.. i had a few cars on him when i shut down

those cars are f'n nice looking though. they look so much better in person than in those dumb commercials, and silver makes them look even better. i don't know what type it was, i never seen the badges on the rear of it, that's why this wasn't one of those... "damn i blew this guy away" posts(don't want to brag about beating a slow car lol).... wish i could have seen the interior on it as well.. mitsu did a great job on the body style of those cars
they have decent horsepower, but they are also a fat pig, I believe they
are around 3800lbs. :eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am willing to bet that the one you raced was the SOHC 4 banger. The GTs are running low 14s in the magazines. That being said the average driver should be atleast able to pull off a mid to high 14 second pass. If it had been a GT the race would have been much closer. The GT badge is on the back passenger side.

I like the new Eclipse and think it is a solid car. First thing I would do to it is lower that thing cause me and my buddy looked at some at the dealership and I could fit 1 fist and 1 finger in the front fender well. In the back I could fit 1 fist.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nocturn said:
True but it is by no means a GTO

3789 LBS...(part of that is the big engine though ) :cool:
so true, but......

6.0 vs. 3.8

nahhhhhh :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
My neighbor has one...i'm not impressed at all. I think they are very ugly. It looks like a corssfire raped an audi tt. They should of kept the 4g63 turbo platform.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I said it before in another thread. No AWD + No turbo 4G63 = lame.

I love that commercial where all the imports bow down to the new eclipse and the guy says something like "it demands respect." Lmao.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts